Author Topic: TFWFTM: Game Thread  (Read 27292 times)

OoC: Hey gamemaster, could use a little update on my side. I'm kinda lost here. What do I find at my node after the jump?

OoC: Hey gamemaster, could use a little update on my side. I'm kinda lost here. What do I find at my node after the jump?

You find much the same thing as HLD_Prophecy did at the other node.

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=95244.msg1879173#msg1879173
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline Lorric

I just haven't been able to get into this like the rest of you have. Dekker, since you're still around and would have played if it was convenient for you, if you like, you can pick up where I left off and defend the Spooniverse.

Good luck with the game everyone, I'm glad it's proving enjoyable for the rest of you.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker
    • My old squad sub-domain
I appreciate the gesture but I couldn't do it justice and if I said I could it would be a lie mate. 

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I appreciate the gesture but I couldn't do it justice and if I said I could it would be a lie mate.

It doesn't really require that much commitment. Lots of the current players have gone weeks without posting.
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker
    • My old squad sub-domain
I get that but I wouldn't be passionate about it and it would just end up forgotten.   
Your friendly Orestes tactical controller
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline crizza

It doesn't really require that much commitment. Lots of the current players have gone weeks without posting.
Given the fact that we are... three players :D
I have the problem of overthinking my posts. I was realy upset during the battle at the jump gate, but then I thought it wasn't such a big deal.
It is fanfic, I didn't loose that much, but it gives me great ideas for my own fanfic.
And I think about learning Blender... again, but I don't find tutorials in german for the current version :D

I'll post this week, most likely wednesday.
Check out my blog:

http://geo.schulzbert.de/

Given the fact that we are... three players :D
I have the problem of overthinking my posts. I was realy upset during the battle at the jump gate, but then I thought it wasn't such a big deal.
It is fanfic, I didn't loose that much, but it gives me great ideas for my own fanfic.
And I think about learning Blender... again, but I don't find tutorials in german for the current version :D

I'll post this week, most likely wednesday.

Why were you upset?

These are the easy battles. These Shivans are pushovers compared to the Shivans you'll be facing eventually.

- Aboard the Nightfly -

With eyes closed, fingers crossed, Fisher waited for the jump to end. He expected an exploding console, the engine going dark again, some vents opening for unknown reasons, but this time ... nothing happened. The Nightfly came back to normal space with the right speed, vector and energy reserves. Fisher lighted another cigarette and leant back.

"All systems green, we'er as close to the Beta Aquilae node as we can be.", Sally reported.

"Anything within our range?"

"Nothing fancy. A few smaller vessels, GTVA signatures. Good that Schulz gave us the IFF codes, so we don't have to explain everything over and over again every time we meet a GTVA vessel."

"Marcus, what's the energy core doing?"

"It went up to 69 % of maximum energy output, right now I can't squeeze out more juice. But it's stable, for now..."

"I'm scanning the node. Data indicates the same phenomenon we saw at the Sol node. This 'anomaly' seems to have killed this node, too... Oh wait! I can see something. The number of neutrinos being emitted from that thing is slowly rising. It looks like it's recovering. It is rapidly regaining stability and will be safely traversable in maybe 12 hours, if the recovery rate stays the same."

"Well finally some progress!" Fisher walked towards the other consoles. "Do we still have some of this old narn espionage probes in the cargo hold? I know they're slow as sh*t, but they're durable."

"Positive."

"Good, get one of them ready. The moment this node is stable enough, send it through. I wanna know what's on the other side."

"Understood, the rising activity within the node indicates that we can send the probe through within four hours."

Fisher smiled. "Good. Sally, you take it from here. I'll be in my quarters for the next three hours. As soon as the probe is ready to depart, tell me. And keep an eye out for unwanted visitors like the ones we saw before. All turrets, stay focused." And with these final words, Fisher moved towards the elevator.

-Phuur-Nan Expedition, Unknown System#2, Unknown Galaxy (Presumed)-

This time, the response came without hesitation. The cursor started moving and spitting out words the moment Raonaid's hands left the keyboard.

IT SEEMS THAT YOU DESIRE TO GET STRAIGHT TO THE POINT. VERY WELL THEN.

1. YOU BELIEVE YOURSELVES TO BE MERELY IN A DIFFERENT GALAXY, BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU ARE IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT UNIVERSE FROM YOUR PLACE OF ORIGIN. THIS UNIVERSE IS ONE OF THE MANY THAT HAVE RECENTLY BECOME ACCESSIBLE DUE TO THE APPEARANCE OF SPACETIME DISTORTIONS SUCH AS THE ONE YOU PASSED THROUGH.

2. WE STUDY AND OBSERVE. WE TRADE AND MAKE DEALS. WE ACQUIRE TECHNOLOGY AND KNOWLEDGE. THAT IS SUFFICIENT EXPLANATION FOR NOW.

3. WE DID NOT. THE MACHINES YOU FOLLOWED HERE ARE KNOWN LOCALLY AS THE COLONIZERS. WE ARE CURRENTLY STUDYING THEIR BEHAVIOR. YOU JUST HAPPENED TO ENTER OUR CURRENT SPHERE OF INFLUENCE WHILE WE WERE DOING SO.

4. IN ADDITION TO THE COLONIZERS, THIS UNIVERSE IS HOME TO A GREAT VARIETY OF TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED SOCIETIES. WE WOULD ASK THAT YOU BE MORE SPECIFIC IN YOUR REQUEST.

"Well, that clears up things. If the drones, or the Colonizers as they are called, are of a different party from the Mahasu Coalition, it explains why they still have to communicate with us even after the drones scanned us about a dozen times," Shaked said.

"More importantly, they say we are in a different universe altogether. How much do you think we can trust them?" Raonaid asked.

"If I saw this a year ago I would have said they have lost their minds," Shaked said, "but now? We should consider any possibility, I will pass this information to the science team and see what they make of it.... As soon as they are done throwing their tantrum, of course."

"If universe-crossing portals are popping up everywhere, there may be more back in our galaxy, too. Lieutenant, send the homeworld a heads-up, we may soon be dealing with things stranger than the Progenitors."

"Understood."

"So, they are the Bentusi type, or at least this is what they claim," Ferdi said. "If they are capable of messing with our systems remotely I am going to assume their tech is years ahead of us. A useful ally to have, a sticky enemy to make, just like the Bentusi."

"Let's give them the benefit of doubt for now, we'll hear what they have to offer before we decide," Raonaid said and continued typing.

Very well. What kind of deal would you like to negotiate?