Author Topic: [WIP] Warmachine  (Read 5127 times)

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Just to give you all an update, testing is well underway and has provoked several adjustments to the mod. It'll definitely be a better experience for it, but it's going to take a little time to tie up all the loose ends it's revealed.

I'll throw in a few shinnies to hopefully tide you over.

Hang in there!
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
A missile nicknamed the Massacre that can target multiple fighters at once is just too awesome for words.

Well, you fail.

It's MACROSS Massacre, a reference to TVTropes. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Macrossacre

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Well, you fail.

No need to be that way about it.

I rather suspect the term predates TVTropes anyway, though that's hard to prove.
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Is Cobra referring to the Macross Missile Massacre? He fails the full alliteration by only mentioning two of the three words of the trope.  ;)

But yeah, Cobra is right that I wasn't reminded of this trope when I saw the Massacre tech room screenshot. I was probably distracted by the fact that Multiply (the verb form) was used instead of the grammatically more correct adverb form (Multiple). :D
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Well it's supposed to be pew pew pew; and that one video (even though it was just a tech demonstration) on Discord looked pretty much like it.

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter