After 4 hours of trying to get the Erebus into a printable STL file, I got the first of what would have been 2 prints started:
Unfortunately, I discovered that the power outlet I use for my printer happens to also be connected to the one of the outlets in my kitchen...that I plugged an electric griddle into and promptly tripped the breaker
Good news is that, at 75microns with the carbon fiber PLA I use, the finish is looking quite good.
This print failure is a bit of a blessing in disguise though, as this print would have been ~6 inches long and as Dekker was looking for 10 inches (and I am inclined to agree), I can now restart and hopefully make a better finished product.
I won't have another opportunity to run the printer again until this weekend though, so don't expect another update until then.