Author Topic: Screencap Contest: July 2019  (Read 3417 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Screencap Contest: July 2019
Good evening Twitter, it's ya boi Neon Shivan and about 40 to 45 minutes ago, I beat the crap out of these Shivans so God damn hard I can't feel my left Prometheus. My left Prometheus has gone totally numb.

July's theme is: Terran Pride. In celebration of humanity's achievement of kicking Alien butt y'all will post your greatest screenshots showcasing Terran supremacy over the xeno scum. Bonus points will be rewarded to those who include explosions in their screenshots. You know, cause it's 4th of July week and all that.

May the best photographer win.

The rules are:

1: No HUD! (Jump nodes are ok though!)
2: Images must be presented as they would be as seen with only the FSO engine rendering the image. Remember that these entries help to show off what the engine can do for new players! So that means no after the fact photoshopping (except for cropping), and no external shader programs (reshade and the like). No lens flares, contrast shifts, colorizers, etc.
3: Max 3 entries per person!
4: Again, these screenshots are a way to promote Freespace and the FSO Engine - let's keep it in good taste.

Nightmare: 1
Colt: 3
0rph3u5: 1
MitoPL: 1
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Re: Screencap Contest: July 2019
Beautiful theme~

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Bonus points will be rewarded to those who include explosions in their screenshots.

Laughs in Michael Bay

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I have whole freaking fleet of prideful terrans... Wait, three fleets minus Lindos that still needs update.

I promise I will try to not forget about contest this month :]
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
July's theme is: Terran Pride.  In celebration of humanity's achievement of kicking Alien butt y'all will post your greatest screenshots showcasing Terran supremacy over the xeno scum

Must resist urge to stage a Terran fleet like a Nazi party ralley in Nürnberg :shaking:

Lindos

*shudders*
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:31:09 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Decided to go Blue Planet themed  :nod:. I imagine something like this being used as GTVA propaganda targeted towards the citizens of the UEF.

"Citizens of Sol! Witness the fate that awaits our nemesis!"

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Hmm, this is definitely going to get some shots from me this time. Also from a rather unexpected source, I think :P

Great shot, Colt. As always!
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Cool~ :yes:

Offline 0rph3u5

While I was hard pressed to actually engage in the premise of the contest this month (#EmancipatoryXenophilia), turns out I actually got two screenshots that fit the premise:

The GTD Enterprise delivering the killing blow to the SD Kraken in Scroll of Atankharzim

And what could be more "Terran Pride" than in-fighting?

The NTD Vindicator running the GTD Carthage's blockade of the Capella-Gamma Draconis Node in The Lost Generation - Ashcroft

ps. Sorry Colt, can't have you win by default.

EDIT: Added 2nd screenshot.
EDIT2: added post-script
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:43:51 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Ooo, that first screenshot's awesome. Second one's pretty good too but the first definitely get's my vot-

ps. Sorry Colt, can't have you win by default.

-eyes narrow- oh it's on good sir

Offline 0rph3u5

"By default" is the significant section of the sentence.

Wining without contest wouldn't be fun, don't you agree? :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:08:22 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
I absolutely agree! I just made an excuse to make me try at a second submission (if/when time permits :rolleyes:).

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

No booms, sry. I enjoy simple things, so this time I go classic.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Due to hardware malfunction, I will be announcing the winner of the screencap contest on the week of 8/12. Keep posting you magnificent pilots.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Mito [PL]

So, this time The Aftermath: Reboot.

The 7th Fleet arriving to deal with an unexpected guest.

The Excelsior and Hercules and their timely rescue of war-scarred Titan and Babylon. (screen0360.jpg)

The rebuilt Titan and Hercules unloading their weapons at their target. (screen0420.jpg)

(Yes, these filenames are just a coincidence :P)
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline 0rph3u5

#3 looks like a strong contendee IMO   :yes:

==================

I bite into Nr 2. Does the Aftermath actually have bright beam impact glows too? I though I had 'invented' them. :(

Offline Mito [PL]

Not sure. I didn't really look at this in detail - beams hit, it glows! Who cares how bright it does. But my guess is that's related to the screencam script being turned on for a bit when I was roaming around to find a good shot.

What is definitely interesting in this mod is that the (blue) beams tend to lose brightness over distance. I think I didn't see a similar effect anywhere else.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Probably that's caused by the +Range in the blue beams.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Decided to go Blue Planet themed  :nod:. I imagine something like this being used as GTVA propaganda targeted towards the citizens of the UEF.

"Citizens of Sol! Witness the fate that awaits our nemesis!"

Poor Sathanas, all it wanted was to give people a hug with those 2KM long arms  :p

Awesome pic BTW :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]