Author Topic: Screencap Contest: September 2019  (Read 1712 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Screencap Contest: September 2019
In the spirit of labor day and everything the workers have done for the United States, as well as in the spirit of the fruits of their labor that populate our everyday homes (even the homes themselves are a result of their labor!). The theme this month is Civie and Construction. Explosions need not apply here, post screenshots showcasing your favorite civilian ship designs, drydocks, construction yards you name them!

The rules are:

1: No HUD! (Jump nodes are ok though!)
2: Images must be presented as they would be as seen with only the FSO engine rendering the image. Remember that these entries help to show off what the engine can do for new players! So that means no after the fact photoshopping (except for cropping), and no external shader programs (reshade and the like). No lens flares, contrast shifts, colorizers, etc.
3: Max 3 entries per person!
4: Again, these screenshots are a way to promote Freespace and the FSO Engine - let's keep it in good taste.

Nightmare: 2
Colt: 4
0rph3u5: 2
MitoPL: 2
Nyctaeus: 2
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Screencap Contest: September 2019
*poking my head out of the books* Oh, I got something for that...

Work might have stopped at the Cynosura Yards in Polaris - but only because the Colossus is doing more than photobombing - and actually they break down ships there most of the time anyway BUT it might still qualify for this months theme.

The Colossus gets sad if you don't pay attention to her.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
I like those shots (especially number 2). If I may inquire, but what ship is that currently being taken apart?

- and actually they break down ships there most of the time anyway BUT it might still qualify for this months theme.
Can't have deconstruction without construction in there. :nod:

https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/GTFg_Jupiter

It seems to be in a rather low LOD for the distance, actually.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Ohh that looks pretty. Thank you!  :yes:

Hopefully this counts...

Just got Knossos back up and installed on my new desktop with ultrawide monitor...it is glorious!
And Solaris is beautiful!

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Maybe I'm alone, but shipyard pics are by far my favourite :yes:

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Welp, time to boot in again.

The Aftermath: Reboot. Pilots from the GTD Hercules head to an Allied station for R&R.

Friends and Foes: Retribution. Some self-sustaining civilian installation near Jupiter.

The same mod. A supply base near an asteroid belt.

How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
The ambient lights from those cargo platforms stands out very warmly against the cold backdrop of space. Those last two are great shots. :yes:

Also ohgodIforgotaboutthis

Nice ones! Reminds me I still have 1 pic.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Y'all don't make things easy for me...

This month's winner is Mito with his civilian installation.

In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Oh, it's already October? Well, wouldn't have won anyway~ :)

Every time i think I have a winning screenshot someone posts something better  :mad:

Y'all need to stop being so good at this cause I wanna win one!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
This month's winner is Mito with his civilian installation.

Congratulations!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I don't think it's really worthy of congratulations, since most of the best competition here didn't manage to deliver... But thanks anyway! :D
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.