Author Topic: Screencap Contest: October 2019  (Read 3154 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Screencap Contest: October 2019
Obligatory spook. In the name of all things Lovecraft this month's theme is Shivans . Show me your civilization ending screenshots please!

The rules are:

1: No HUD! (Jump nodes are ok though!)
2: Images must be presented as they would be as seen with only the FSO engine rendering the image. Remember that these entries help to show off what the engine can do for new players! So that means no after the fact photoshopping (except for cropping), and no external shader programs (reshade and the like). No lens flares, contrast shifts, colorizers, etc.
3: Max 3 entries per person!
4: Again, these screenshots are a way to promote Freespace and the FSO Engine - let's keep it in good taste.

Nightmare: 2
Colt: 4
0rph3u5: 2
MitoPL: 3
Nyctaeus: 2
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Re: Screencap Contest: October 2019
Oooooo ominous.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
In the name of all things Lovecraft

Including all "that's a bit too retrograde even for the early 20th century"-stuff? :P

this month's theme is Shivans .

Why did I plan my FREDing this month to be all about the SD Demon? WHY???!

It's never going to look good...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Oh this month's theme looks inter-

-sees nightmare's shot-

:jaw:

Why did I plan my FREDing this month to be all about the SD Demon? WHY???!

It's never going to look good...
One day we'll get that updated Demon. One day!

The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. :(

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter

The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. The hope never dies. :(

Unfortunately she did... in Abandon Hope  :lol:
And not only that, she died because of kamikaze.

But that Capella Sath Screen looks right from mjn's endgame remaster...  :eek2:
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Probably the months theme should be changed to Capella and I go and post the other screens from that scene. :D

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

Dum spiro spero. - Cicero
(Latin: While I breathe, I hope.)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Looking at his shipyards and thousands of gopniks in the middle of forging stuff...
...but sadly none of those things looks like Demon.

Well... The hope never dies.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
@Nightmare: Where the heck did you take that shot? I want to play that mod! :D
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

It's from the opening cutscene of some campaign I'm working on~ :cool:

Looking at his shipyards and thousands of gopniks in the middle of forging stuff...
...but sadly none of those things looks like Demon.

We should make some crowdfunding project "Let Nyx create a Demon for us!" :D

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Why do you need Demon mirrored in X and Z?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Nice screen~ :)

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Why do you need Demon mirrored in X and Z?
Because I found it oddly satisfying to look at when I realized what four of them together looked like.

...Then I realized that I had just attributed a calming feeling with Shivans and felt instant dread. :shaking:

It's the typical feeling you get when receiving Shivan flowers.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Seems like people forgot about posting again... I nearly did, too!

How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.