Author Topic: Missing TBP updates?  (Read 4810 times)

So, here are the models I found on the Celestia addon page several years back: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lm6osoiza7bfwp5/FirstOnes.7z
If they are converted to POF it should push the quality of the First Ones ships from the beginning of the HTL era up to current standards with some of them having 50+k polies, the Sigma Walker ship even 127k.

I also included a file called babylon5_1.zip, because the website said the other models were depending on it (though, this seemed something only Celestia-specific). Anyway, it contains some nice 70k B5 model, too.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:30:35 am by Nightmare »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Can you provide the original link? - It'd be a shame if the creators got uncredited if these end up being used...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

I got them from here: http://celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/fic_babylon5.php

Sadly the site provides no credits (aside the uploader) either, nor was anything in the files.

I'm actually trying to track a lot of material that has been worked on (and probably has been completed), but never made it into Zathras.

1. Lots of new models including a HTL Sharlin - by Emi ( https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=79090.0 ), pics from page 3 on are still working; also atleast the Sigma Walker ship appears to have been brought operational already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or6K1gdry0w
2. Lens flares (not sure if in) - also Emi: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=78870.msg1600460
3. AFAIK, there has been a major TBP related upgrade, independent of Zathras (that's were I got the new interface from). I DLed it from HLP, last year or so, but I haven't been able to find it again since.

I believe Robert Arthur mentioned that he had worked on some of the models. He is on Facebook and works for the DOD at the moment so he doesn't have access to this site.

Interesting. I actually see a lot of upgrade potential in these models for TBP, should I just go ahead and ask what happened to the ones he worked on?

Offline wesp5

Interesting. I actually see a lot of upgrade potential in these models for TBP, should I just go ahead and ask what happened to the ones he worked on?

Yes, that would be great!

I sent a PM to Emi and asked him about the models. :)

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
**  [vorlon ]..I Have Always Been Here..[/vorlon][/b] **
Hi to all!  :)
A great plesure to see these post and the internal message  :)

I have all of those files somewhere.. I have to look for then.
The reason why I not release them was that I was the only one working on them and it was to much work (hardpoints -lots of hardpoints-, test, etc)
And some of them have some issue.
But I think i can share them with the proper credits of their owners. I had the proper permision to use and shere them with these condition.

Today I had move to Unreal Engine. I want to do an Interactive experience of B5 station, like the Star Trek Enterprise D project

Not get me wrong. I love FreeSpace <3, but I hate the poof editor :D
Anyway I haven't had time to work on any of these projects right now.. I'm close to graduating from university.
I have some missions too (i think I had two finished at 100% with voice from the movie) from my unreleased campaign from the ThirdSpace.
And I also had a working .exe with light shaft and shadows.

I'll look for them. I think I have them on a Google Drive. I always was afraid to loose them.
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Great to hear that your files haven't been lost, they're made of pure awesomeness! :)

Offline 0rph3u5

Noticed TBP 3.6.2 doesn't have a framework for the armor-system. Set-up the tables, does nothing yet (everything is set to multiply damage by 1) but this means if you use SEXPs that change armor class or damage type the "reset to normal" function would work without problems.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Should I rename the thread to something like "Post 3-6-0 development thread"?

Offline emi_100

well, I have updates: Some good news
I found the raw models, and some of the textures I made back then.
Still I haven't found my TBP game folder, where I had all the models converted to poof, textures, tables, fx, and the .exe with shadows and light shafts..
I don't lost hope yet, I have to serch on old backups drives and old dvds.. It's been a while.
Anyway, I'll make a donwload to the thing I had found ;)
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

• "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!

Offline 0rph3u5

and the .exe with shadows and light shafts..

Shadows are now part of the code in FS_Open - lightshafts are too* but I think TBP might be lacking the proper tables for that.

*EDIT: like this

==================

Any news from this?

Offline emi_100

Any news from this?
Well, bad news for now.
I have found the Google Drive folder, and it's outdated. It's not the final backaup... It's not the backup of The Babylon Project folder at all. It was a 3d models backup folder.
So I dont have the tables files. And some models are in *.DEA format, they have to bee converted using the POF viewer.

Anyway.. I wanted to surprise you for the Christmas but that's what I found.
I looked over all the DVDs old backup, and nothing.

I know that I have the game installation folder somewhere
I still have to look on the old drives backups

Meanwhile..

Here you can download some of the *.POF models I found and the textures
-nova
-Tbolt
-Hyperion
-Lord (firstone)

LINK
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

Thank you for providing this! :)

Besides that, as long as there are still unknown, undiscovered drive backups, there's still hope :D

Offline emi_100

DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Hyperion and Nova seem to be much improved.  The Glowmaps on the Nova are very purple though.  Also, the models need their glowpoints renamed, as well as the models themselves and I haven't even begun to check out the submodel, subsystem, and turret data to make sure it matches.  Also, if anyone chooses to do further work with these, they could use some nameplates, and the Nova is listed as the Schwarzcpv.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline emi_100

The Hyperion and Nova seem to be much improved.  The Glowmaps on the Nova are very purple though.  Also, the models need their glowpoints renamed, as well as the models themselves and I haven't even begun to check out the submodel, subsystem, and turret data to make sure it matches.  Also, if anyone chooses to do further work with these, they could use some nameplates, and the Nova is listed as the Schwarzcpv.
Yep. That's why I have to look on the HHD, I had the nova, hyperion, olympus with all the hardpoint, subsystems and lights, in game.
And have a lot of models too.

I'm officially retired from The Babylon Project. That's why I'm realeasing this.
If I work on a B5 game will be in Unreal Engine.. who know, the future may surprise us.
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.