Author Topic: -weapon_choice_3d flag changed?  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Solatar

-weapon_choice_3d flag changed?
Sorry for the new thread, I've searched everything I possibly could to try to figure this out. I've noticed that starting with the new RC1, the -weapon_choice_3d flag doesn't appear to work the same way as in earlier builds (tested with ones from late August, before the RC). The ship selection screen uses models as set by the flag, but the weapons selection screen only uses a model if there's absolutely no interface art available, regardless of whether I have the flag ticked. I actually like the models (if you change the Max Radius of the main subobject in PCS2, you can change the zoom and fit them much better, see below), and was wondering if this flag had been moved elsewhere.

Thanks for all the hard work SCP!  ;)

Screenshot
Modified Versions for anybody that likes the models also, but wants them big.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 12:25:07 am by Solatar »

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Re: -weapon_choice_3d flag changed?
I noticed this too, 100% agree. 
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
This issue was just fixed last night and behavior should be back to normal with the next released nightly. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting it!

Offline Solatar

Sorry to bump an oldish topic, I haven't had a chance to play in quite some time. I just got a chance to play a bit, and as far as I can tell this fix didn't make it into the newer RC2. I tried the nightly posted a week or so after this thread (after the gap in the nightlies), and it doesn't appear to behave as intended either.

Offline wookieejedi

Thanks for your message, what about trying a more recent nightly from the past week?

Offline Solatar

I tried the most recent nightly I could find (Dec 28th), and a few random ones in December, the flag's behavior isn't working as intended. I didn't want to post this in the RC2 thread, because I don't think it's specific to that build, but it doesn't appear to be working correctly in that one either.

Offline wookieejedi

I tested and the only thing that appears to not be working as intended is that the small rectangular icons are not changing. As such I'll submit a PR to fix the issue, thanks.

Offline Solatar

I know it's a small detail, but I appreciate the fix!

Offline wookieejedi

Happy to help, it should be fixed in the most recent nightly (came out today)!