Author Topic: Flu Vaccine alternative: Sambucol  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Flu Vaccine alternative: Sambucol
Hey all! I wanted to share this with you since there's a bit of a personal connection here. ;)

First, read this (article from 2004, but that's fairly irrelevant): https://www.israel21c.org/israels-elderberry-remedy-sambucol-provides-solution-to-u-s-flu-vaccine-shortage/

tl;dr: Sambucol is a 100% natural, flu-combating extract from elderberries, sold in many countries around the world, developed by "world renowned Israeli virologist Dr. Madeleine Mumcuoglu".

Here's the personal connection though: Madeleine is my landlady—has been since 2009. ;)

Anyway, hope perhaps some of you that suffer from the flu can find relief through this.

That is all. ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Re: Flu Vaccine alternative: Sambucol
That's pretty neat! Been using this stuff for years during cold season, sure seems to work well.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Interesting.

My initial stance was skepticism, but a cursory follow-up googling suggests there's indeed something there: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11399518/

Still nothing wrong with getting the flu vaccine, but if you can't or your local disease-control agencies predict wrong, it's always re-assuring to know there are other options.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline theperfectdrugsk

• thinks there should be a dedicated 'en-dash' key
Interesting.

My initial stance was skepticism, but a cursory follow-up googling suggests there's indeed something there: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11399518/

Still nothing wrong with getting the flu vaccine, but if you can't or your local disease-control agencies predict wrong, it's always re-assuring to know there are other options.

Haha, I did the same thing.  I'm always skeptical when "articles" like the one linked in the OP don't link to real, peer-reviewed research.