Author Topic: FSO 'cheats'  (Read 1307 times)

Offline NickM

Gang:

I finally got me-self a larger PC with LOTSA memory, so after I downloaded a HUGE Il2 Sturmovik mod, I turned to FSO. I got the KNOSSOS and everything remotely interesting was downloaded; on top of that it seems that everything works...except for one thing:

The CHEATS! Sure when I type out the codeword: www.freespace2.com it says 'cheats activated' but when I tried to use a cheat, (K to kill; shift I to make a targeted ship invincible; W and shift W to give us all full weapons loads etc) nothing seemed to work.
Has the been a change or does the cheat not work with the  Knossos device?

TIA

NickM the Filthy Disgusting Ape.

You need to press ^ while pressing K etc like you have to while entering the code.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Actually, it's the key with the ` and ~ that is probably at the top left of your keyboard.

Offline NickM

So 'apostrophe' and 'random squiggle' AND press the Kill, Invincible, Unlimited Ammo buttons?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No. Just the key to the left of '1' at the top left of your keyboard. The tilde key.

Then combine that with a K, I, shift-I, whatever.

e: by 'no' I mean that 'apostrophe' and 'random squiggle' are not two different keys you need to press. Just one.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum

The one in blue.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Yeah, you need that blue key combined with the cheat codes. Think of how would it work if you didn't have to use that additional button. For example, the K key is usually binded for targeting turrets and W is one of your shield controls. You would be killing a ship every time you target a turret :P.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Actually, Nick figured out which button to use...

Offline NickM

The one in blue.

BUENO! I figured that was the one, but thanks for confirming. Lets see how they work out!