Author Topic: HLPs Youtube channel  (Read 4323 times)

HLPs Youtube channel
^ What has become of that? Is it still maintained? Also, it is not part of the top nav bar.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: HLPs Youtube channel
It is still around, but it is not currently maintained since Iain Baker left.  We are still looking for someone to take over his social media manager duties -- whether some or all.  Are you interested? :)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
What would, or could, go on the YouTube channel anyway?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

What w/could go on the YouTube channel anyway?

Mostly links to FS content, like the BP playthrough in FS discussion.

It is still around, but it is not currently maintained since Iain Baker left.  We are still looking for someone to take over his social media manager duties -- whether some or all.  Are you interested? :)

I'll see if anybody else volunteers before I raise my hand; I have 0 experience with YT so pretty much everybody else would be more suitable than I am.

BTW, the channel should be linked with the navbar.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Well, since the 'normal' job working for someone else I started last year didn't work out (thank God - commuting on public transport with COVID-19 running rampant - no thanks!) and I'm back to being my own boss as full-time working-from-home freelancer I could probably pick up from where I left off last year. Plus Blighty is on lock-down for the next 12 weeks so its not like I have much else to do for the foreseeable.  :nervous:

Also available for proof-reading, ideas bouncing etc. Feel free to gimme a shout.

Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Could you link the playthroughs of this gentleman to the channel? https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=89871.0

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, since the 'normal' job working for someone else I started last year didn't work out (thank God - commuting on public transport with COVID-19 running rampant - no thanks!) and I'm back to being my own boss as full-time working-from-home freelancer I could probably pick up from where I left off last year. Plus Blighty is on lock-down for the next 12 weeks so its not like I have much else to do for the foreseeable.  :nervous:

Ah, your help would be very much appreciated. :)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Could you link the playthroughs of this gentleman to the channel? https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=89871.0

will do once I figure out how to get back into the HLP YT channel back end ;-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews

Ah, your help would be very much appreciated. :)

RE the HLP YT channel. Either I have forgotten how to get into it or my access was revoked. If it is the latter I'll need it reinstated before I can do anything with it. (And if its the former I may need a refresher ;-) )

PS - IIR I set up a fairly extensive list of liked videos, showing off some of the best experimental work by various people. The videos do not appear to be there any more. In fact, the whole 'liked video' category appears to be missing. Were they removed or am I just not seeing them?

All the best,

Iain.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, we (sc. Axem) cleaned up the permissions list recently.  I'll ask him to reinstate you.

Offline Axem

PM me an email address that I'll get an invite sent to. :)

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Yea the problem with the trailers and such that got listed at first was they had copyright music on them. Ideally Let's Plays, interviews and videos about assets/game mechanics would be best I think.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Yea the problem with the trailers and such that got listed at first was they had copyright music on them.

Maybe set a requirement somewhere that trailers should use either CC-licensed or public domain music? The issue of copyrighted music shouldn't stop the publication of trailers on this YouTube channel, but it is not something the channel owner can control unless they are willing to spend the time replacing the audio on their own.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Probably it should be put somewhere but I don't know how many people making trailers these days and how many of them would read the info.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi all!

Sorry for not picking this up properly earlier - been busy. (And slightly addicted to Homeworld Deserts of Kaharak  :nervous:)

So what do you want me to do with the channel then? I'm assuming you don't want me creating liked videos list like last time due to copyright issues with their music? Is liking a video which may have copyrighted music enough to get a slapped wrist from YouTube or the copyright owners? Pitty, because those videos were great for showing off what the FS SCP engine is capable of.

I'm happy to put up tutorials and lets plays from HLP members, but people wll need to tell me about them first. Due to the sheer amount of tie it takes to upload to YT what with encoding etc. it would better if members could upload their own. The Transcend series took an absolute age to post.

All ideas welcome :-)

Could you link the vids posted by this gentleman? https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=89871.0

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'm assuming you don't want me creating liked videos list like last time due to copyright issues with their music? Is liking a video which may have copyrighted music enough to get a slapped wrist from YouTube or the copyright owners? Pitty, because those videos were great for showing off what the FS SCP engine is capable of.

I don't think that would be a problem at all.  Feel free to create one or more such lists.

I'm happy to put up tutorials and lets plays from HLP members, but people wll need to tell me about them first. Due to the sheer amount of tie it takes to upload to YT what with encoding etc. it would better if members could upload their own. The Transcend series took an absolute age to post.

In addition to when people submit their own videos, you could search around YouTube from time to time and cross-reference existing Lets Plays.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Could you link the vids posted by this gentleman? https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=89871.0

Done, well some of them. I'll do the remainder of his playlists over the next few days.

PS - does anyone know how to link to an entire playlist? It would a lot quicker than saving videos individually.

Thanks man! :yes: