Author Topic: RELEASE: The Aftermath II - The Blue Guardian  (Read 40310 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
RELEASE: The Aftermath II - The Blue Guardian
"Is the universe really that complicated to you?...
   Or is it just simple enough that you utterly fail to understand?"
--- Draktar

Amidst tragedy in battle, the brutality of the great Wars, the corruption of those in power, the political strife and the personal struggles, an ultimate revelation is waiting to unfold just beyond the horizon. A revelation that might bring peace to society or death to all who lived. A story of a female pilot who outlived the horrors of The Third Shivan War that ended just six months ago only to face something even worse than her nightmares.

FEATURES:

The campaign has a fair number of 38 missions (including cutscenes) that are meticulously designed. Additional new ships, new weapons, new space backgrounds and new weapon effects are added. The missions are no longer just about shooting and blasting things, all of them require strategy and judgement like how will you disarm a destroyer in the shortest possible time or to take down an enemy cruiser in 25 seconds. Enemies will react and have strategies of their own to outflank, outmaneuver and outwit the player. some of them will even respond if you try to destroy their engines or their offensive turrets and even retreat in a disadvantage---Now, how to prevent them from escaping other than disabling their engines? Enemies will even have random behaviors. Here, you will have to use your survival skill, wits, and sheer will as you will pit against intelligent enemy fighters. The player will be faced with dilemmas on which targets to take on first or which asset to protect more. There are gameplay elements from bombing raids, artillery strikes, remote beam cannon control, capital ship piloting to fleet tactical command. The game will have a different feel. Aside from the epic battles and intense dogfights, the story is also character-driven which means more dialogue lines. There will be outrageous moments and even ridiculous ones adding more meat to the narrative as the mysteries pile up and explode until the very end. And everything will converge at the very end. This sequel also answers the questions that were brought up (intentionally) in "The Aftermath: Reboot" and the answers to these questions will actually sprinkle spice to this campaign.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:

Special thanks to CT27 who contributed more than half of the story, his plots and ideas that made the missions quite complex. And I also thank those who posted their suggestions that guided me to make this sequel.

IMPORTANT
Please read this before playing:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=98170.msg1913983#msg1913983

SPECIFICATIONS:

The required SCP Build needed is FSO 19.0 and MVPS 4.3 but it had been tested to run with FSO 22.0 and MVPS 4.6.

This mod is dependent on "MVPS" and "The Aftermath: Reboot" with the latest July 31 2022 update. Download the Reboot's latest update.

The Aftermath Reboot latest update download link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5kw5imma680bs5p/AFR-Update-7-2022.rar/file

The Blue Guardian
DOWNLOAD LINKS:
Total Download size: 390mb

TBG-Root2.rar ---- http://www.mediafire.com/file/lgc7m9kg2x9unxg/TBG-Root2.rar/file
TBG-Files2.rar ----- http://www.mediafire.com/file/wb1988diq9dgb7j/TBG-Files2.rar/file

ADDITIONAL UPDATE :
(July 2022)
This will replace some files---
https://www.mediafire.com/file/afh1zqarzrm5mky/TBG-Update-7-2022.rar/file

LATEST UPDATE  1/02/2023

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/64ann6jryqg1rpl/TBG-Missions-Update-01-02-2023.zip/file

Download and extract to the mod's root folder. This will replace the old files.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 05:43:57 am by herkie423 »

Re: RELEASE: The Aftermath II - The Blue Guardian
Congratulations! :yes: :yes:

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!

Offline theperfectdrugsk

• thinks there should be a dedicated 'en-dash' key
Woo! Looking forward to playing it! Congrats on the release, that's gotta feel good!

Congrats on the release good sir! Will this be on knossos soon? I got rid of my wxlauncher some time ago

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Congrats on the release good sir! Will this be on knossos soon? I got rid of my wxlauncher some time ago

I guess you can if you can set the mod manually like in Wxlauncher. Just manually download it from Mediafire using the links here. I don't know how Knossos works.

I guess you can if you can set the mod manually like in Wxlauncher. Just manually download it from Mediafire using the links here. I don't know how Knossos works.

Who put Aftermath I on Knossos then? Probably you could authorize that person to handle that for you (you said that you had some very bad internet connection).

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Yeah, if the Aftermath Reboot updates and Aftermath II can both be put on Knossos, that would be beyond awesome. It certainly would be a lot easier than trying to mess with wxlauncher again.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Yeah, if the Aftermath Reboot updates and Aftermath II can both be put on Knossos, that would be beyond awesome. It certainly would be a lot easier than trying to mess with wxlauncher again.

Yep, elseway the campaign will have a mod.ini that links to BP instead to this board. :D

website      = http://blueplanet.hard-light.net;
forum        = http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,169.0.html;

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

I have updated Aftermath Reboot and Aftermath Reboot II is uploading as I type this.

Herkie, I fixed three typo related bugs (One in Aftermath 1 and two in Aftermath 2). All three were in ships.tbl referencing sounds. If you run the mod through debug, you'll find them pretty quickly.

Additionally, the first mission/cutscene CTD's for me in the exact same place every time (right as it's facing the hangar near the beginning). Not sure what the cause is.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
I got a CTD on the same opening cutscene, but i otherwise moved on from it, and the Floating Fortress also hits CTD once when the self destruct sequence hit in, which is already bitter considering the length and how aggravating the mission is

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Ok, I can independently confirm that both Aftermath campaigns are on Knossos and both have been updated as of today judging by their "Last updated" dates.

SQUEE! (By the way, we really need a squee emoticon. I don't think the :D emoticon is cutting it.)
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Got that bug in the opening scene too.

Debug coming:

https://fsnebula.org/log/5e812847cb0d3321b0c98630

Offline Iido

OH MAN when I saw this pop up on Knossos :D Awesome that this game is finally out! I'm actually in the middle of replaying the first Aftermath right now, once I finish I'll gladly dive into the sequel!

Also glad to know you're alright Herkie! I recently visited the first game's thread and it seems you disappeared a long time and no one knew what happened...glad you're ok! ^^

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Are you using FSO 732. I don't know about Knossos but there is "setting.ini" file included in the download. Try deleting that.

I will download knossos and try it in my end. I am still using the 5.5g launcher. My PC is  not connected to the internet, I'm using my phone.

Ok... ran this on knossos but switched to 19.0.0 RC3 in FSO settings and I got passed the weird hangar CTD in the opening scene. It is running fine at the moment. There might be something in the 20.1.0 2020 nightlies which conflicts with Aftermath2. I will update this if I can get past the opening scene and mission1

UPDATE: Passed mission1 and starting the next one. I can tell this campaign will have tougher missions than Aftermath1
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:03:16 am by CapellaGoBoom »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
NOTE:: please use FSO 372. It is a compatibility issue

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=89597.0

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Can someone give me link to Knossos?

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Ok, I can independently confirm that both Aftermath campaigns are on Knossos and both have been updated as of today judging by their "Last updated" dates.

SQUEE! (By the way, we really need a squee emoticon. I don't think the :D emoticon is cutting it.)

Wow... That is awesome! :)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
FSO 372 is almost 5 years old... You really should figure out why your mod crashes modern builds and either fix your assets or submit a ticket to SCP with steps to reproduce.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.