Author Topic: Ship Lab updates  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
The new UI m!m and I have been working on means that a button could be added literally anywhere that links to the Lab. We've been able to add arbitrary buttons to the mainhalls for years now, but I agree that it doesn't really belong there.
What about a lab button inside the tech room?

I'd keep it out of normal Release builds (aside pressing F3), and instead put it brightly on Debug builds (like MJNs suggestion, right at the player selection screen).

Unrelated, but speaking of stuff one could do from the player selection screen, it would be helpfull if you could select a mission there directly instead of clicking to the techroom each time.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If it is unrelated, and you know it's unrelated, do not post it here.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Well then split it or whatever :sigh:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
-adjusting Bloom intensity

Yep, that should be fixed soon

I take that back, it's already fixed. Bloom intensity can be adjusted in the render options window, but will be reset when leaving the lab.

Ah that's nice!. One Q though- how does that work? I though these cmd line parameters can't be changed in-game, atleast that's what I was told whenever I asked.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Ah that's nice!. One Q though- how does that work? I though these cmd line parameters can't be changed in-game, atleast that's what I was told whenever I asked.

That, generally speaking, is the intent. We treat options that the user sets, either through the options menu or the commandline, as imperative; we try to not alter them at all.
But, that's a convention, not a rule; When you enter the lab, the bloom setting you set on the cmdline is saved, and while you're in the lab, it can be altered through that menu, but it will be reset once you leave. The intention here is that you can quickly see what bloom level you prefer, then enter that in whatever launcher you're using.

That said, we do want to do a separate options screen for FSO options (like bloom intensity, shadow quality and such) at some point. That is a separate thing from the lab, however.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Ohh that looks great!

Nice nice nice :yes: :yes: :yes:

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

oh my god i did not know the lapith is that sexy
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.