Author Topic: Knossos mod list broken  (Read 3059 times)

Offline unsrm

Knossos mod list broken
Hi Guys,

Since yesterday evening, Knossos has refused to update the mod list so that I can download new mods (both home and explore show only what I have installed). Refreshing the list does nothing... *it stays at 50% for about 20 secs then seemingly completes

I have tried uninstalling Knossos as and my user data, restarting the machine and reinstalling. I have also disabled my firewall briefly to check for a conflict...

Any thoughts?

https://fsnebula.org/log/5ee5248bcb0d3321b2c98695

Chris

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Re: Knossos mod list broken
Knossos has hit a limit in the number of mods it can handle and broken as a result. As I understand it there's a fix in the works, so keep an eye out for an update to knossos itself
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline unsrm

So I need to uninstall existing mods to get it work again?

Offline unsrm

Can we download mods manually from somewhere?

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Best to just wait until tomorrow or the day after for the fix to go live.

But yes there is a link here:
https://fsnebula.org/mods

Also, deleting local mods will not fix the issue.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
So I need to uninstall existing mods to get it work again?

No. The issue is server-side and has nothing to do with your local install.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline unsrm

Darn, I wanted to play another campaign!

Offline mj3437

I have the same problem. Any idea on a time for the fix? Will it be applied automatically or will it be an update download?

Hi everyone.  Is there any update on the fix yet?  Just purchased fs2 on Steam and eager to try the mods!

Offline mj3437

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94068.920
You must delete the mods.json file to get the mods list in your Knoddos explore tab. This must be done every time. See the end of this thread, page 46, for complete info.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
The update has been released. Make sure you have Knossos 0.14.3 and the mod list should work again.

Since upgrading to 14.3, the mod list loads properly.  However, Knossos has a serious error when trying to install a new mod.  I'm going to try and re-install rather than the update and see if this fixes the issue.