Author Topic: [WiP] The Nyxvana  (Read 15472 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I would suggest accessorizing the entrance to (at least the port) fighterbay with inward curving claws to give it the appearance of the maw on one of those weird micro-worms.
I almost overlooked such precious comment <3
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

[Checks the p3d.]
 :jaw: This is looking like something out of H.R. Giger's nightmares.  It looks like it is in pain!
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It looks like it is in pain!
I am :P. Not her. It's painful development process.

When she is done... Everything else will share this pain with me. The pain she inflicts. And I-, hueh hueh, -'am gonna just watch the universe burning under her beam fire.

Okay. That was dark o__O
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
For the port side fighterbay, if you're gonna keep that 6-sided shape to it, I was thinking of inward-curving claws from each of the corners, then another set of teeth within it, as though the outward set are designed to latch onto its prey, while the inward set rip into the flesh.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

The rib cage hanging under the hull looks EXCELLENT.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Loving the progress,  but it's ass thrusters seem off  :nervous: are they placeholders?

https://www.thingiverse.com/make:737149

Look like they would blend nicely with the design, or maybe it's lack of teeth that I'm holding on to.   Again.... I LOVE THE MODEL.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Oh, I have no problem with the weirdness of aquatic life forms; bioluminescence in the deep ocean is awesome!

My main problem with seafood is the smell. :ick:

Its worse when you learn why seafood smells the way it does. 

Pop quiz, ever see a fish take a leak? Nope, thought not.

Us landlubbers need to pee to remove urea from the body (or uric acid in the case of reptiles). Urea is mostly ammonia and is very hydrophilic so combining it with excess waste water is a good idea.

Denizens of the deep do not need to combine it with waste water since they are literally swimming in the stuff. Therefore the urea just seeps out through their skin. So they basically have pi$$ flesh and waz skin. for those with impermeable skins - such as sharks, or those with carapaces - it seeps out through their gills. So, underwater pee-pee breath. I learnt that studying Zoology for three years, so my degree wasn't entirely wasted  :lol:

and in case you are wondering - no, I don't eat seafood  ;)

Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Loving the progress,  but it's ass thrusters seem off  :nervous: are they placeholders?

https://www.thingiverse.com/make:737149

Look like they would blend nicely with the design, or maybe it's lack of teeth that I'm holding on to.   Again.... I LOVE THE MODEL.
This part is barely touched. I modelled engine exhausts yesterday and arranged them in placeholder positions, but still whole engine area is barely started. I will work on this section today.

With all this rapid fire progress, it's a good time to be a Freespace fan. :D

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
The Nyxvana is shaping up nicely, but I still can't get over those clawed nodules on the cables. Maybe they'll look better once they're colored and skinned, but right now...ugh. :ick:

Perhaps instead of the two long 'claws' how about lots of shorter ones, perhaps in a radial/spiral/sawblade/cog type configuration?
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

Modelling stage is more or less done. 270k mostly optimized tris, but additional reduction is always an option. P3D is ofc. updated :]

It looks great, especially the contrast between the relatively uniform upper side and the chaos of tentacles and cables below.  It’s going to look great as a counterpoint to the more compact Demon.

Offline Luis Dias

It looks horrible, which is the point! I love it :D :yes:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

It's WiP :P. It's actually very far from being done... But you can see general direction. It will have much more lights.

So lovely~

That looks wicked. Even as an early texture it separates all the detail really clearly.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
I'm still not sold on those double-clawed nodules on the port-side cables, but with these WiP textures, even I have to admit that this new Ravana is looking a lot better than it was. And those nodules aside, this Nyxvana was already pretty awesome. :D
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
"You're one ugly motherfcuker" (in a good way  :cool:)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
My GPU looks upon the Nyxvana's visage and trembles.

"Pollys... so many pollys..." :shaking: :nervous: :p

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
*heavy breathing*  :jaw:
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED