10 (15.4%)
Deimos
17 (26.2%)
Chuck Norris
10 (15.4%)
Other
1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Sexiest Antifighter Platform  (Read 5250 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Sexiest Antifighter Platform
Post 4001. Do I get a badge?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Dylnuge

What, no shivan ships? All right then. Deimos owns all.

Offline Centrixo

i would of put the moloch for Antifighter.

the sexiest, count me out.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Speaking of blind spots, reminds me of the damn obvious one on the very front nose of fenrises and leviathens. When you park you fighter there, you won't be touched.

After that you can unload on the cruiser :lol:
None of it's weapons will hit you there.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 12:52:15 pm by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
What, no shivan ships? All right then. Deimos owns all.

I wasn't sure which Shivan ships to put, so you'll have to make do with "other" and explain... you can change your vote BTW

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Shivan ships are difficult to think about. I mean it's not hard to get close to them with any fighters or bombers. But which shivan vessel had the best antifighter array anyway?
My best guess for which shivan vessel has the best antifighter array would be the moloch. Simply because the moloch is the shivan vessel that actually manages to keep me away the longest. Not to mention the moloch has flak turrets in very unsuspecting places, after that shivan laser turrets have a lot more variation with speed and power than tv laser turrets do.
After that who can recall a lilith or cain keeping you away...actually scratch that. I believe the shivan asmodeus does a better job at keeping me away if i do a one on one with it than any other shivan vessel :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

None of the shivan ships are particularly good at anti-fighter, though the Cain has a well-placed S-AAA that can cover the full 180 degrees below it.
The Moloch, while it has some good AF weapons, nonetheless has a layout that allows only one or two of them to fire at any one target, making it ineffective at best.
And literally all of the big Shivan capships are virtually helpless against fighters and bombers due to massive gaps and blind spots in their defenses.

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
I put the Aeolus.  For some reason, the Sobek and Deimos don't seem to bother me too much, but whenever I see an Aeolus, I try to keep my distance. :lol:  It has some pretty good Anti-Fighter beams, and it has by far the most deadly flak barrage in the game.

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
Post 3,999.

If you continue like that your postcount will be reset to zero.
Just a warning
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Halik.

Bus'o'doom rocks. I just took it for a spin today.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

The Deimos-class corvette is the only corvette that stays true to its class. Corvette. Corvettes are supposed to be anti-fighter, but capable of handing itself against an equal class ship or around 3 - 4 cruisers. Contrary to what someone said earlier, you can get your asymptote handed to you from the front of that Corvette. Looking at the front (which, btw, is where the strongest beams are) you notice two beam turrets ready to blast you into free floating hydrogen. And the Deimos just looks cool.

\spartan pets the top of the Deimos

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
bs pets his sobek ;7
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I've never really liked the Deimos...it's too dark for my taste. Shivan ships are supposed to be dark, Terran ships are bright.

So for pure sexiness, yes, the Aeolus wins.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Chuck Norris, hands down.
Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. 1967-2005

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer

SMBFD

I've never really liked the Deimos...it's too dark for my taste. Shivan ships are supposed to be dark, Terran ships are bright.

Are you running the SCP patch? If you are, all you have to do is select it, press / then . (or whatever you've configured those options to), scroll around until you see the paint reflecting off of the sun... And all ships are dark in space. Shivan ships are just painted black and red. The Deimos is a pretty green and silver

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Next time check my date of arrival before you ask if I'm running SCP, please. :/

EDIT: And your Chuck Norris link don't work no more, by the way.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Black-Devil

• Space Fighter
i think the aelous is it
Do not attack Alpha ONE...

Next time check my date of arrival before you ask if I'm running SCP, please. :/

You could've been on Hard Light for a long time and never downloaded the SCP :doubt:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Kie99

Speaking of blind spots, reminds me of the damn obvious one on the very front nose of fenrises and leviathens. When you park you fighter there, you won't be touched.

After that you can unload on the cruiser :lol:
None of it's weapons will hit you there.

Problem is, if you misjudge it you could get hit by the SGreen Anti-Capship gun.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"