Author Topic: Highlights are back!  (Read 12968 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
In case you missed them (didn't we all? :)), the Highlights are back, front and center on the main forum page. I'll be working on getting them integrated into the frontpage soon.

If you see something that's highlight-worthy, just use the "report a post" function for now. Remember to state that you think the post is highlight-worthy, and ignore the whole "this post is evil" feel the forums give you in the process. Us humans know the difference between quality and crap. :p

Update by Kalfireth:
Some people, myself included, have had a problem where the highlights can display incorrectly (as ugly rows rather than columns) in Firefox. I've found that force-refreshing (view - reload) fixes the problem as it forces your browser to reload the information. If anyone has any problems with the formatting, please message me.

Update by Sandwich:
The highlights should now display properly on the mainpage in IE7. Like Kal said, force-refresh if it doesn't look right.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 05:21:53 am by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Well, it's about damn time! :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I liked them better the way you originally showed me. This way looks too cluttered and makes the boards too much longer :/
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Maybe if you 86ed the pictures....

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Yeah, they were much better arranged horizontally.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
if the highlights look strage in Firefox force refresh the page by pressing Ctrl+F5 and it will look a lot better :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 06:01:09 pm by Windrunner »
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Ohhhh, pretty...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I liked them better the way you originally showed me. This way looks too cluttered and makes the boards too much longer :/

Yeah, what Windrunner said. It's your browser caching the CSS file and not realizing I added some bits to it. :) Do you really think I'd prefer them vertically and stretched out?? :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Yay :yes:

I don't care that much how they look, the important part is that they're back :)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
My god, it's better than before!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ah, definately better.

Now to try and earn a highlight. guess Ill have to finish off my lizard fleet....

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
wootage!
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Finally. :D Best part of HLP 2 IMO.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
yay!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
...aaaand they're up and running on the frontpage now as well. :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
And you say you're a lazy ass? pshaw. :P

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Nice hover style on those highlights :yes:

Any chance of getting the old highlights from the previous version of HLP added to the list?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
That'd be a task and a half, not to mention about 6+ months out of date...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
As opposed to these which are 3+ months old :p

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We have newer highlights coming later, the ones we have displayed now need to stay a few days and then four more will be added. If you want to suggest a topic to be highlighted, please do. For now you can do it in this topic until we have catched up with the recent developments, after that "report to moderator" should be enough to let admins know about highlight worthy topics.

Edit: Here is our list of upcoming highlights in order. If you think we missed something, please do tell. :)
When you are bored... (done)
FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now! (done)
RELEASE - Into the Halls of Valhalla (done)
RELEASE: CASUALTIES OF WAR 2 (done)
A Simple Texturing Tutorial (Warning to dialup users!)
off axis rotation (turrets in particular)
Awakening of the Beast - Demo released
new animation enhanceing feature

Edit: Added When you are bored...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 11:19:57 am by Fury »