Author Topic: GTCv Deimos  (Read 87521 times)

Offline Luis Dias

You should make a third one or a fourth one so the choices become easier :D.

I think I prefer the techier one. The classical one is less fitting to the narrative of "new ships new techs" in Freespace 2.

Although I understand Trivial's point. Almost seems like a thing from Halo.

Also, I love how the model is going :yes:

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
I really like the sleek, angular multiparts (first version?) but the turrets on the model closest to the viewer in the p3d look closer to the retail turrets.
This is a hard decision as they both look spectacular.
My final opinion would be the first version. Looks like an excellent road to go down.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I would stick with the first version as well, those sleek angular turrets look way too cool. Plus they feel a little more armored and solid than the other version which seems to have soft spots everywhere.

Mmm.. I think I'm starting to let WoT filter in my everyday thinking process.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I think the turrets on the version that appears closer to the initial camera view fit the model's aesthetic more than the other turrets.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
One more vote for the blocky turrets.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I'd like to see the newest ones in the final version, they are closer looking to the retail ones. These V- shaped multiparts don't fit the line of the entire ship when you look at them from the top

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I also prefer the "rounder" or "less sleek" turrets, they look more Terran to me. The other ones look a little out of place, IMHO.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
The ones with the wider-spaced barrels look better imho. Up to you though.

Offline FSW

Like Trivial Psychic, I much prefer the bulkier turrets (the ones that initially appear closer to the POV). They seem to fit the aesthetic of the ship better.

The sleek turrets look cool; perhaps too cool for the Deimos.

Offline CKid

I prefer the first set. More mean looking.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Initiate vote initiative!

Angular vs blocky. GO.
el hombre vicio...

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
I vote for blocky turrets  :yes:. They look more in line with the rest of the model. Both look awesome though.

Offline Luis Dias

I change my mind, your comments are convincing me, I guess I am suffering from groupthink or whatever but I am inclined to agree with all who vote on the more blocky bezeled turrets.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
VA's box turrets won the round by a KNOCKOUT

[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Aesaar

Still prefer the angular ones.  These feel too much like light artillery, IMO.

If you delete the angular ones and don't keep them for something else, I'm going to be very cross.

Definitely like the boxy ones best.
May the Force be with you

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
el hombre vicio...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Still prefer the angular ones.  These feel too much like light artillery, IMO.

If the technobabble about these weapons are correct in any way, these things surpass artillery. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Aesaar

I mean that they feel more like mid-range standoff weapons, not close range, relatively defensive ones.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
The sleek-looking ones look like they belong on a Raynor or Titan. Rule of Cool also makes them look like they should shoot lasers or energy blobs rather than flak. The boxy ones look like they shoot flak cos science says so.