Author Topic: NTF Iceni [WIP]  (Read 17870 times)

To clarify.

In order for a model to be considered for use in the MediaVPs, the turrets need to be in the same locations as the retail model and more often than not, should be the same type. (IE disks for disks, multiparts for multiparts.) You can, however add extra turrets that would be tabled in a special way for FSU. The HTL Typhon does that.

Thanks for this information :)
Of course i would love to see my Iceni in the next MediaVPs. Thats the reason why i opened this thread here ;)
I will make the Freesapce version with "universal" turrets like the current version has.
Because i´m also doing a version for a X-Rebirth mod i will give her more unique turrets and a fixed weapon-layout.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
IIRC the Iceni's turret layout varies a lot from mission to mission too.  Generic turrets are probably the only workable solution here.

IIRC the Iceni's turret layout varies a lot from mission to mission too.  Generic turrets are probably the only workable solution here.

I totally agree with that  :nod:
Shame on you,  :v-old: olition, what have you done  :P

18.12.:

Just a small update:

Made a few smaller details like the plates at the rear, the bottom part where the turrets sits and some smaller things at the front like the windows-section.
What do you think about the brace at the rear behind the mainbody? Is this ok? or better not? I´m not really sure about that...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:41:38 am by Lc4Hunter »

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I like the bracing.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
If it isn't too much to ask, could we get a p3d link for the model?
el hombre vicio...

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
If it isn't too much to ask, could we get a p3d link for the model?
I approve of this message.
Here is the link to the p3d website. http://p3d.in/
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

How you wish, my friends :-)

Here it comes:

I will upload some further models (not only FS2) later  :)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Very nice.

just something that might be worth looking into but I noticed some artifacting on the model that is reminiscent of overlapping faces in blender on the big multi-parts and near the top of the model on one side, but didnt notice it on the other.

edit

Also another thing that a lot of people dont pick up on when new to p3d is that the site lists every new model as private mode which means that only people with the direct link to the model can see it.  if you want it to show in your "gallery" then there are two ways to change this, 1) at the bottom of the thumbnail for the model the most right hand icon is for privacy and you can click on that to change the setting if you want. 2) in the upload/edit screen the third icon down on the left side (the padlock) allows you to control the setting during upload/edit of the model

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 01:03:27 am by headdie »
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Thanks for the information. No idea where this comes from. Maybe from exporting to obj (i´m working with 3ds Max).
The model is mirrored so the same problem should be on the other side, too.
Because my workplace computer is VM it has no graphics card and i can´t look at the p3d-mesh i have to take a look on it later when i´m at home again.

edit: changed the settings to public :)

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
cool.  I did wonder if it's an export->import->view created bug as with the multiparts I cant see a reason for it but thought better to mention it.

Like I say, this thing is looking really cool and I cant wait for the finished product
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
This looks fantastic. Many kudos. :yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Skarab

This is a bit off the subject, but is anyone else having p3d fail to load the model?  I've never had this problem before but for whatever reason I just get the "Oh frak" message... using Chrome no less.

Offline Luis Dias

nope, works fine in here. Chrome too.

Offline Skarab

Very frustrating... used to work just fine.  I'm not aware of any recent updates to chrome and haven't made any other changes at all to my system.  Not working on any p3d model anywhere currently.

Edit: Whatever it was, re-installing Chrome fixed it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 06:14:16 am by Skarab »

The problem really seems to be the export to obj-format and the unoptimized state of the mesh.
Have to try it another way.  :(

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
very pretty
keep it up
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
Were those turrets originally part of the mesh or are those the imported ones from Hades?

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Were those turrets originally part of the mesh or are those the imported ones from Hades?

the ones hades used

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
*Shrugs* It looks to me like the glitched polies only appear on one side, so it could be part of the mirror or it could be due to the imported turrets(Highly unlikely though, something like 1/100000 chance I'm guesstimating at).

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

the ones hades used

Thats right. I love consistency. Thats the reason why i would like to use some similar components from other ships.
Don´t understand me wrong, i don´t want to make some kitbashing, i just want a look where people can see: this is/was a GTA / GTVA ship.

As i unterstand the Iceni was build very quickly as the commandship of bosh. Why should they (for example) create new turrets for her? Why not using similar ones to the Deimos. That saves time for production, costs and ressources. Thats the reason why my turrets look so similar to Hases´ ones (except the "more technical" one at the front, thats from Hades *thx*).
Another small thing are the engines. If you take a look, you will see they look similar to the ones the Deimos uses  :P

I checked the errors at the mesh again: in 3dsmax there is NO issues with the mesh. I deletes the "broken" geometry from the mesh and replaced the faces with mirrored ones from the good side.
Same problem... I have this problem with a lot of meshs except my old Babylon5 Vorchan... no idea why.

Will test this again with another obj-exporter and maybe with an export from Blender... we´ll see.
Please excuse this  :o