Author Topic: MediaVPs 4.1.x Discussion Thread  (Read 7957 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: MediaVPs 4.1.x Discussion Thread
Wait a minute I thought I posted a suggestion here. Where’d you go, post

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Oh it was this!
Random Q without going to the slightest effort to check, sorry: have primaries been given a lifetime and range such that they play their impact animation when dying, rather than just winking out? One of the best aesthetic changes to the game and it only takes some table tweaks.

Just got the 4.1.2 update but ran into a bit of a problem. The "partially installed" error came up. Tried verifying file integrity but no cigar. Launched the game but it was back to retail graphics. I have a debug if you want to look at it

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Just got the 4.1.2 update but ran into a bit of a problem. The "partially installed" error came up. Tried verifying file integrity but no cigar. Launched the game but it was back to retail graphics. I have a debug if you want to look at it

Fix is going up for that. Sorry, I thought I got it removed before anyone downloaded it.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Oh it was this!
Random Q without going to the slightest effort to check, sorry: have primaries been given a lifetime and range such that they play their impact animation when dying, rather than just winking out? One of the best aesthetic changes to the game and it only takes some table tweaks.

Was already awnserd in the thread you took the quote from:

Yes. The ones I messed with, anyway. Yeah, I've always thought that looked much better.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No, honey.

Only the Subach and Mekhu were edited yet.

Hmm the new MVP pre load screen could certainly look better with a starfield skybox.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Like 6 new models and some really nice weapon effects... YoUr PrElOaD sCrEeN iS bAd

Like 6 new models and some really nice weapon effects... YoUr PrElOaD sCrEeN iS bAd
:drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

I forgot to mention: Aftermath:Reboot also got the MVP4.1.2 treatment and suffered the same "partially installed" bug. Not sure if that is connected to the bugged out MVP update before the latest fix. I posted a debug in the Aftermath threads, but I will also stick it in here too

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Noticed several issues with the Rahu: Mass is much higher than in retail (2074612224 vs 8251), the eye point of the retail file is gone, and Live Debris models debris-backa00 and debris-backa01 are not marked as part of the debris LOD what is necessary to have them show up on the subsystems' desctruction.

Also I noticed the thruster is disconnected from the model in PCS, but it seems to work ingame. The reason for this appears to be that the main model has an offset of 0.0:-2.122785:25.786194 instead of 0:0:0. While this fixes the thrusters somehow, it breaks the Docking point which is completely disconnected. A minor thing: the model has 2 rahu-body textures.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
So I've played through the campaign now, and I've noticed a few things:

-For the first time EVER I managed to destroy the Tiamat.  The Aquitaine took the corvette's last 1% health in a volley as it jumped.
-In "Rebels and Renegades", I managed to save both the Iceni and the Hinton without resorting to cheats... and I'm not talking about the usual cheats, I mean more of a James T. Kirk, Kobiashi Maru type of cheat.
-While playing "Monster in the Mist", I find that you get targeted WAY too quickly.  You might as well not be flying a stealth.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I used Axem's script and custom Lua SEXPs in conjunction with this latest version of MediaVPs. However, as I blow up stuff, Lua errors started crashing FSO, saying that createParticle is a nil value and is non-existent whatsoever.

I left a message on that thread, and Axem has yet to respond.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 08:27:48 am by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
BUG:

Um, the Aeolus can fire it's beam cannons through itself. .
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
X-Ray beams are a new GTVA technology

BUG:

Um, the Aeolus can fire it's beam cannons through itself. .

Is that a FOV issue on the turret or just a lack of "check hull" flag? The latter would change behavior vs retail.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
FOV and every other settings are all copypasted from retail Aeolus. It was capable of firing through itself in the past too. Rakshasa fire her bottom SAAA through the hull from years.

We're trying to make stuff pretty, not different. But in some cases, making things pretty makes everything... Different anyway.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Is it possible to manually add the new MVPS 4.1.23 to Freespace Blue? Freespace Blue is 4.0.0

In theory yes, but it might break something in BP so it's not recommended.