Author Topic: Freespace Dream  (Read 4374 times)

Well.... a few nights ago I had a dream about freespace... well, it's a bit short but a bit funny when you think about it... From what I can remember, I was assigned on a mission to destrory a Lucifer-class Destroyer that was attacking an installation (just like in the Failure to Communicate Mission in FS1) but it did not have it's Sheath Shielding on. Turns out that the instalation I had to go protect turned out to be my High School (O_o, I just turned 18 3/29) in space no less. Now, I was flying an Ursa armed to the teeth and doing a bombing run on the destroyer when it started to attack my school and it started to blow up just like the Aquialle, thing is when it finished, all that was left was people that are in my school waving at me as I flew by... turns out I get a few Harbringers off but the Lucifer jumped out before I had the chance to destroy it then I woke up.

What's the purpose of this? I have no idea... just wanna see what reactions I'll get out of this and to see if other ppl have dreams like I do... oh well... *end transmission*

I once dreamed I was a marine in the Hall fight cut scene...but the Shivan's were giant evil Cairs (I'd been watching that old episode of daotor who where the chairs eat people earlier that day) and It just got strange after that...
[meaning it wasnt strange already?]
The needs of my belly, outwiegh the needs of the few.

Offline Grey Wolf

Go on, go on. This thread is just starting to get amusing. While we're at it, I also had a FS dream. I was in an Ursa, and had just launched two Harbinger bombs at a Cain, and it turned into my SS teacher (she's evil). And then I went to Harbinger a Demon and it turned into my school.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

"'Tis only a flesh wound!"
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Beat this for totally weird!!

In my dream I'm Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) and I'm being chased around in some kind of underground bunker. What's chasing me? A half man half ED209 monster (I think it was Doc Savage from the cartoon Centurions) that luckily can't see me when I'm crawling along behind various boxes, crates and whatever else. There are lifts and doors everywhere and like the game you need a certian level of access to open some of them. In this dream my subconcious deemed that coloured Kazoos where the items that granted access! (Don't ask me, I don't know what my head gets up to when I'm asleep).

Another non game related one was where I acted out a large part of The Lord of the Rings as the character Legolas, but that's another story.

[This message has been edited by Maeglamor (edited 04-18-2001).]

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
*raises eyebrow at whole topic*
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Grey Wolf

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!

Beat this for totally weird!!
Alright then...
 In my dream, I am just walking down the road, and it's a normal day, until... I turn around and hordes of 10 foot tall chickens are chasing after me. I start running away (wouldn't you?!?!?) and dive down an open manhole cover into the sewers. Even thought the sewers are too small for them, the chickens keep coming after me, but bend the fabric of space time to fit in (looked a bit like a clipping fault in a game mixed with the subspace effect).
 After that I surfaced again, and jumped into a hercules that was on top of a plinth (I think it was meanta be a statue) and took off... Went into space, looked behind me and then chickens were still there! So I started dogfighting them, but then I woke up...
 And now everybody knows where the inspiration for my campaign came from  

------------------
"Supernova, ya supernova, supernova goes pop
supernova, ya think it's over but the supernova don't stop" PM5K
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
#knees death in the groin#
Rimmer:"Remember matey, it's only the good that die young"
Kudoth, god of pointless educational programs.
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Ok that's pretty weird, the rabbit at the controls in your skull must have had too much caffene that night.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator

Originally posted by Setekh:
*raises eyebrow at whole topic*

------------------
...and one day, Man will journey farther and faster into Space. - My thoughts

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                      [b][email protected][/b]                                    >

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
  I'm more used in nightmares so I better shut up  

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
It was a dream

------------------
FreeSpace 2: The Babylon Project Effects Nerd and Programmer.
http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/babylon

Did you say you wanted your head used as a soccer ball?
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
I have one littel thing about your dreams:

------------------
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
YAAH! DEATH TO OATMEAL!

------------------

Terrans use guns, Vasudans use punching and kicking,
but Shivans have 5 legs multiple eyes and built in Plasma beams
(Dr.Zer0, as seen on VBB)
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]

Offline The Claw

Hehehehehe.... just wait till I get my website up. Not only will it be the home for my Alternate Reality Campaign, but you will also be able to access the trailer for me and my friends film... Rural School Infested With Demons II (this has no relation to the original film  )
 Well... it will be... interesting  

------------------
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
"Do not fear the chickens. Become one with the chickens. Respect the chickens and... #BOK!# LEG IT!!!"
The Claw... project coordinater of Alternate Reality and Story-line help-guy of The Perfect Storm.
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
I don't remember my dreams. Except one where I was stuck in a gas chamber... not nice at all. And another one where a scorpion was crawling up my leg... and when I woke up there was a spider climbing up my leg  

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by The Claw:
Rural School Infested With Demons II

- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I'm just going to leave this one alone.....
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline The Claw

Yes, Rural School Infested With Demons II
 A project I had to do for Media Studies. Filmed in my school, with a cast of my friends. Very low quality picture due to the crappy camera, but still very funny  
 Oh yeah, just for reference:
 "This has no relation to the original film"

------------------
"Do not fear the chickens. Become one with the chickens. Respect the chickens and... #BOK!# LEG IT!!!"
The Claw... project coordinater of Alternate Reality and Story-line help-guy of The Perfect Storm.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Hmmm, after reading this I think I'm going to have to relinqush my "lack of common sense" title. There are more deserving people out there  

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
D@mn another FS2 dream for me if one wasent bad enugh  
Well it all starts off were I was in my SOC Mara speed demon and I was on a mission to Shivan space, but the strage thing was there was no jump nodes. 3 zones GTVA space, Shivan space, and dence Shivan space and the zones were about 1 km long. I was going there and I blew up a bunch of Shivans, the end.
and now for the 1st FS2 dram:
I had a dream once, it was cool. It was a huge *** ship yeard and I was in a fighter and I used an escape pod on the ship and docked whith a Colussos like ship were I sayed something like I need a littel help here  and I docked were I was on the ship and then after 10 sec. or so then they though I was a treator and saied something like "your not one of us, are you?" and I saied "uhhhh..." then I quickley undocked whith the ship and borded another ship then I got in it and I was walking in the kitchin and I... woke up The End

------------------
YAAH! DEATH TO OATMEAL!

------------------

Terrans use guns, Vasudans use punching and kicking,
but Shivans have 5 legs multiple eyes and built in Plasma beams
(Dr.Zer0, as seen on VBB)

[This message has been edited by Dr.Zer0 (edited 05-12-2001).]
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]