Author Topic: After Turnsky...  (Read 27509 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
also, decomposition:
I make the pages out of different pics. take page one, it's made of 3 cases.
original first one is 8955kb, second one is 4485kb, and third one is 4210 kb. glued together, resized, etc, it makes the  6635kb page01 psd file.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
i see..
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Venom
hmm, yeah, guess you're right, I could explain a bit.
anyway, those who actually checked the trailer I posted a couple months ago could already know what to expect...

ok, quick description, trying not to spoil anything:

Oleon is a world made of flying chunks of rocks, gathered in archipels and stuff, much like real islands, but in the air. All those archipels are ruled by people, some humans, some non-humans. sometimes you have individual city-states, but more often you have "countries" and empires that gather many islands or archipels.
tech-wise: it's a mix between current, basic tech based on much higher technology found in archeological sites. from times to times they find a working device, but most often it's derelicts and things like that, so the people with limited knoledge do what they can with what they find, and often they use stuff for purposes that were probably not the same for the original ( I guess that didn't make sense :p ). There's two "ancient" tehcnologies that can be found:

- the one from the Lost Ones, a very advanced technology, very efficient, but basically out of reach for the current scientists and engineers. usually from about a thousand years old tech
- the one from the Forgottens.  Less advanced technology, much older than the one above, but items from that era can be used more often.
Both civilisations were human. It is supposed that all the available tech from the Forgottens is in fact collections or alike for the Lost Ones. Noone remebers what happened to them, and how mankind turned from such an highly advanced civilisation to a neo-industrial civilisation limited by resources, bound to fight for the few islands rich in useable ores, gazes and minerals.

Because of the geography of the world, flying machines are the most common transports. there's all kinds of machines, running on all kinds of gas and engines, from steam machines to compressed air. There's rumours of tests from some kingdoms to use flying rocks to make superheavy warships, bigger than the huge hydrogen war zeppelins.

Rumours says that the island didn't always flew through the skies, and that they were once grounded, and during that time, there was no other sentient species save for humans.

Genesys Pits: very hazardous areas scattered at a few places in the world. They look like twisted volcanoes with impossible shapes, vomiting strange liquids and gaz. It's said that the non-humans were spawned from the Genesys Pits, but nowadays, the only creatures that can be found around Genesys Pits are mutated things, mindless and dangerous creatures that can reach tremendous sizes.

Voila, a very quick summary.

Coolness, now I'm even more interested. Now keep drawing, will you? :D
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Nico

• Venom
page 03 is done already, I'll post it sunday.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Venom, you obviously use a tablet(wacom most likely) to do your comic, i've been thinking of getting one to assist me with the production of foxfire..

what's you opinion of them? and would you think foxfire would benefit from me using it?
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Nico

• Venom
no, I use an aiptek. my opinion is that mine is probably a low-end one, but still I love it, so with a wacom it muct be just great.
for foxfire specifically, I dunno if it would be good.
I use mine for everything, you'd use yours for coloring, I suppose. that would change the style of the thing.
really, you have to try by yourself first. if you're like me and you don't have a friend who owns one, well, you'll have to be ready to pay a lot for something you're not sure you'll like. in my case I wasn't disapointed ( even tho at the begining it was highly disturbing, and not that easy :p ).
it's really your call.
SCREW CANON!

Offline J.F.K.

Hey man, it's almost Monday over here :p

When ya gonna post page 3? :)
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
)
no, I use an aiptek. my opinion is that mine is probably a low-end one, but still I love it, so with a wacom it muct be just great.
for foxfire specifically, I dunno if it would be good.
I use mine for everything, you'd use yours for coloring, I suppose. that would change the style of the thing.
really, you have to try by yourself first. if you're like me and you don't have a friend who owns one, well, you'll have to be ready to pay a lot for something you're not sure you'll like. in my case I wasn't disapointed ( even tho at the begining it was highly disturbing, and not that easy :p ).
it's really your call.

well, i still might do various aspects of character design the way i've always had, i really just need it when i have to do backgrounds and such, (incase you haven't noticed, they suck;) )

and JFK, it's sunday morning over on the northern hemisphere, dunno about the timezones in france tho..
   //Warning\\

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Turnsky
and JFK, it's sunday morning over on the northern hemisphere, dunno about the timezones in france tho..

Well, Australian EST is GMT+10... and my geography isn't very good, but isn't France on our side of Greenwich? So they'd be GMT+1 or something? That means nine hours difference... means it should just be Sunday afternoon... bah, I just want to see the comic :D

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
:lol: patience you must learn..

oh just because i'm an evil bastard, ;)  i'm not gonna do that double update thing i mentioned before.. i have however, finished page 2 for chapter 1..;)

but not until wednesday:drevil:
   //Warning\\

Offline Nico

• Venom
right now it's 3.14 PM, do the maths according to the hour from the forum. Nah, simply put, it's just GMT+1 here.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
ah, so you're just a lazy bastard then:p
   //Warning\\

Offline Nico

• Venom
I mirror the two first pages for convenience:

SCREW CANON!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
i'm getting red x's for pages 1 and 3..:(
   //Warning\\

Offline Nico

• Venom
problem with swooh then, it worked fine last time I checked. gotta wait I suppose.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Bugger..
   //Warning\\

Offline J.F.K.

problem with swooh then, it worked fine last time I checked. gotta wait I suppose.

:nervous: *waits*

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
you'll have to do the same with foxfire..;)
   //Warning\\

Offline J.F.K.

Damn all you talented comic artists! Get us hooked and then string us along with 'promises' and 'release schedules'! You might as well be drug traffickers :p

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
hey, you arn't paying for it and besides.. it's hard to come up with a basic layout that's satisfactory..;)
   //Warning\\