Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175221 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you haven't spliced the mpeg files together when you made the VCD they should all be present as .dat files on the VCD which are easily convertable to mpg (in fact I think Media Player will play them without any changes).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FA-PILO

i fix my problem whit the cutsenes thanks guys

there is something i try to connect to the server but it always say than its impossible  to contact the server. what happen?:confused:
GTD AQUITAINE

Offline diamondgeezer

I can only imagine that someone set us up the bomb.

Sorry, but I'm tired.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by FA-PILO
there is something i try to connect to the server but it always say than its impossible  to contact the server. what happen?:confused:

What was the problem in the end (so that I can help the next person with the same problem).

As for not being able to connect it sounds like the server was simply busy (I just tried it and it was). It's just a case of trying every 20-30 minutes until you get lucky.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
He's probably using Intardnet Exploder.

I was using Filezilla.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for these files... !!!!!
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline FA-PILO

i was trying to download the fes cutsenes but whent it start to dowload it say download failed

why?

note:this only happens whit the two files in the uploads directory
GTD AQUITAINE

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Um...  How come I cant get on the FT site??  Is it not up anymore?  It is not saying the the login limit has been reached, but just that it is not there.  :confused:
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by ehkz
The VCD of all the freespace 1 movies is in the upload folder.  You should be able to play em in any media player, just click it. For the hard core fans you can burn it onto a cd as vcd format and if your dvd player supports it u can play it on your dvd player.

Its a bit late, but I thought that all FS1 files were still copyrighted...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by Hippo

Its a bit late, but I thought that all FS1 files were still copyrighted...

So are all FS2 files with the exception of the source. We never let that stop us.

Offline Fractux

Originally posted by ubermetroid
Um...  How come I cant get on the FT site??  Is it not up anymore?  It is not saying the the login limit has been reached, but just that it is not there.  :confused:

The FTP server has been down quite often as of late, but it'll be up much more often than it has for the past two weeks.

Also, note that you are not allowed to download files that are in the UPLOADS directory, so that's why they failed delivery.

The FS1 cutscenes are now available for downloads.

Props to whomever uploaded them all.

Cheers!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline redmenace

Is the server down right now?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline mnftg64

I thought you might want to know that as I am typing now, I am on the server so one of the 2 anonymous ports is being used. But I this proves that the server is still up.

Offline Dracos

Hi.  This is my first post here, and since I wanted to start out in a productive manner, I took the liberty of uploading the freespace 1 movies separated and encoded in DivX format.  The endgame.avi file didn't complete, so if you need me to re-upload it, just let me know.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
i never get a response from the server - not even a "enter login, oh we're full"
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I can connect just fine. Make sure you have the right port.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Fractux

Some people are still trying to connect to the old address. Please update your information.

Cheers!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Odd, I'm using Filezilla and it keeps telling me the password is incorrect?? Does this mean that both Anonymous slots are filled or am I doing something obviously wrong? Don't use FTP much, so this is all new to me :(

Flipside :D

Ok, got it I think, all the slots are full, but at least it's sort of working :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 03:49:57 pm by 394 »

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I keep getting this:

Response:   331 Password required for freespacer.
Command:   PASS
Response:   230 User freespacer logged in.
Command:   PWD
Response:   257 "/" is current directory.
Command:   PORT 128,193,247,116,12,110
Response:   200 Port command successful.
Command:   TYPE A
Response:   200 Type set to A.
Command:   LIST
Response:   150 Opening data connection for directory list.
Error:   Timeout detected!
Error:   Could not retrieve directory listing
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
that means try again.  or if it still keeps not working, try again later ;)