Author Topic: ooooh pretty colors -- Fairly large JPG  (Read 28613 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
ooooh pretty colors -- Fairly large JPG
Thanks Flip :)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Does anyone have any idea of the other possible ramifications of this texture-mapped skysphere idea?

ATMOSPHERIC FLIGHT AT LAST!:D
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
Does anyone have any idea of the other possible ramifications of this texture-mapped skysphere idea?

ATMOSPHERIC FLIGHT AT LAST!:D

See also my idea about nebula flight effecting the way a ship handles and boom - you're away :)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
It looks like you're in a sphere. You need to touch it up, but it's a great start ;)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Crap thats huge!!! :eek:

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
Originally posted by kasperl
3d exploration can read, and possibly write dds files IIRC.

argh it can't save as dds :(
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'll download the DirectX9 SDK, it's got a converter program that will change BMP to DDS. I'll post the program once I have finished downloading :) Or if someone else out there already has it......?

Flipside :D

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Now how do we get FS to use it?

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
the dds, i assume?  i dont know if it works in d3d, but it does in opengl.  data/maps.

if ur talking about the background sky thingamabob, ur gonna have to wait until i can perfect it.

does anyone know where the flip normals button is in TS 3.1? nm found it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 03:32:41 pm by 31 »
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Heh... Well do the dds files take precidence over the pcx's?  And do TGA's work?

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
yes they take precedence. and i dont think tgas work
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
DDS stands for Direct Draw Surface, so I would admit, I'd be very very surprised if DirectX couldn't use it.

Flipside :D

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
its more of a lack of impelmentation of it in the d3d engine rather than unsupported.  its a messy hack and i want to redo the way it works anyhow
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
what about making your own star maps?...

Observe..

one could see my point, if somebody made thier own, stellar fields, nebulae, and planets... well, you get the idea ;)
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
that was the inital point ;)

i have zero art skills. and a stick figure is the limit of my talent so i ripped a pic i google searched for and tested it
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Originally posted by PhReAk
that was the inital point ;)

i have zero art skills. and a stick figure is the limit of my talent so i ripped a pic i google searched for and tested it

hey, whaddya know... i might be actually able to help put planets, starfields and nebs into freespace..;)
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Boo.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
that would help if it was tiling, I suppose :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
The main thing is that stars realistically will always be pinpoints of light - single pixels of light. The thing that makes some brighter and some dimmer is that some will not be 100% white (dim stars), and others will have variously-sized glows around them (brighter stars).
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill