Author Topic: ooooh pretty colors -- Fairly large JPG  (Read 28615 times)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
ooooh pretty colors -- Fairly large JPG
ill be releasing an exe within the next day or so that will demo this.   i would have had it up yesterday but FRED wasn't compiling right.  i hate fred.  this exe will also have inital opengl HT&L stuff
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£

This was my first attempt and it is very very big (It was created for movie rendering). Help y'selves :)

Flipside :D

Oh no, it's not as big as I thought :) only 1024 x 1024 :D

I still think there will be something needed to blend the models into the background a bit, very dull 'real' ambient light or ambient fogging or something?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 12:40:12 pm by 394 »

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
sandy could i steal that star map prwitty please?
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Git on ICQ, Baabaa.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
sandy & flip:  i'll test your backgrounds in a few hours. i have some errands to run.  if you can link a 256-color version, it would save me some time too :)
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I might have to do it as DDS even Bright gives the BMP a case of the measles, too much fogging gradient, I'll try it on the JPG and see if the slightly lower quality image will make life easier :)

Flipside :D

Heres the DDS - http://www.aqsx85.dsl.pipex.com/images/Skydomex.dds

Wow! It's considerately smaller than the JPG!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 02:40:06 pm by 394 »

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
not used ICQ in year, will have to download it again ... now what was my password?

[pause]

Ok sorted, come find me sandy
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
well i had to convert it to pcx anyways, dds didn't like TnL it wasn't all that bad.

phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sheepy, I sent you a message.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
PhReAk, that's more like it!!

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
ohhh nice.
you will still be able to use the regular backround nebulea and stuff right?
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
its gonna be specifiable in the fred background editor wether you want one or not.  im doing that now
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
maybe you should alow a number of background bitmaps/pofs
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Hmmm, it looks great, but it seems like it almost takes a little bit away from the models. I think the backgrounds might need a little more black... or maybe I'm just used to the way FS2 does it. :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Phreak, what resolution image is that? Because I think if that was doubled it'd be perfect - right now the stars are still a bit blurry.

And what kind of mapping is it applying to the sphere?

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
actually it just needs a bluish sun thrown in the mission.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
1024*1024 is far too small for the size of the sphere it's being stretched over, I think - if you want to avoid the blurry stars.

Originally posted by Sandwich
Boo.

Very nice for a render, Mike. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Is there much of an effect on performance by increasing the size of the map? I mean you can guess where I'm going - if there's no performance hit then have the largest map possible for the best possible effect. Seems logical?

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
right now its at 1024x1024.  the next step up is 2048x2048 which is the upper limit for textures on most cards these days.  i may want to have the user model a low poly sphere or box or something and have them apply maps in truespace.  this way there wouldn't be much streching and stuff.  once again, im gonna need a model and textures.  just a note: the normals must be pointing inward for it to work ;)
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
make it so you can use 4 1024 maps.
SCREW CANON!