Author Topic: INF Dev Shots  (Read 15925 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by DeepSpace9er
why not tease us a little more with an R2 Inferno Trailer. ;7

Kind of pointless until we have the new weapons and missions sorted, also I'd need a faster INF exe to try and get a decent framerate for fraps.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
SAy, is the Earth model gonna be released?:wink:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
its in the chapter 1 VPs
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Woomeister

Kind of pointless until we have the new weapons and missions sorted, also I'd need a faster INF exe to try and get a decent framerate for fraps.

Use the -nospec parameter to disable specular lighting and your framerate will improve.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
and very soon he's going to get an inferno exe that would work with T&L.. as long as there isn't 24 textures per subobject
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I think 22 is our max...

with -nospec I get 20fps in m14 max when looking at anything
with spec it drops to 7-12 :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by TrashMan
SAy, is the Earth model gonna be released?:wink:

No plans at the moment, need to make the Mars and Venus maps for it, make a smaller version with moon maps, and probably try to add debris so I can blow it up someday :D

Oh mview can't handle the large earth texture so you'll need to resize it down to 1024*1024 to view it, the full texture works fine in game though.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Woomeister

Selket shine mapped

Wow, my shinemaps look really good on that model :nod: :yes:
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Even better on my Kurruk. :D

Which I love, BTW, Woo. Ignore them, we're finding increasingly less good taste on the boards recently *hints to that car thread* ;) :D
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

wouldnt earth look more like coriscant in the future? more cities of lights? especially in the more heavily populated areas around traditonally large populace locals... IE NYC, LA, Chicago etc.?

but overall wow. i am looking forward to Inferno, this mod is bangin!

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Why not have the Shivans pulverize the moon so much, it breaks apart and starts to fall towards earth. Then in one of the missions you have to blow up as much moon debris while trying to fight the Shivans trying to stop you :nod:

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I don't think earth needs to go to the coriscant levels of urbanization (it's still, we assume, the primary source for food for everyone in Sol after all) but I do think that traditional population centers (North America, Europe, Southeast Aisa) should be much more, well, urban.

As for the moon thing, all I can say is :wtf:  Or alternatively, no.  Please no.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Don't worry, no is the word.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by PhReAk
and very soon he's going to get an inferno exe that would work with T&L.. as long as there isn't 24 textures per subobject

And how will you get around that 30Km distance rendering problem with HT&L you mentioned in the SCP FAQ thread?  Will it have something to do with that W-Buffer thing you mentioned in said post?

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
nope w-buffering isn't supported on all cards.  i can always make the far plane just go out to 100km or so.  *has an idea* :drevil:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
This is probably something best discussed within the SCP forum, but would it be possible to have a command line tag to change the far plane from its default of 30Km to whatever the campaign designer needs?  Or would it be possible to create an easy (that is easier than compiling one's own version of the code) program to modify certain preset values in the exe so that different campaigns can have something such as the far plane, automatically changed for their own named exe (such as the _INF, of course)?

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We need a custom exe anyway since the number of ships we have far exceeds normal fs2.

More shiny ships :D

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
We're doomed! :(

Very nice and scary Gigas, and it think that it'll be nastier if there are more Shivan red lines in the normal hull - right now, it seems the front to too red and the back has no red lines at all.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It has a few custom red maps on the leg part, but I don't have shine maps for them so you don't notice them except in closeup pics.