Author Topic: Return of the.....  (Read 20839 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Pilot Of The US
Hey sandwich, you still got that L-shaped platform. Id like to have a look at it.

No, I don't think I ever "had" it - I just saw a screenie of it.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by Pilot Of The US
How about using the triple plasma turret on the top/bottom of the Orion class destroyer, because IIRC, i saw them on the Orion which was on the FreeSpace: Silent Threat boxart. aswell as in FS2.

I already did redo the turrets on the Orion.  Check my Sig;)

I'm planing on overhauling that turret setup actually.  Planing to include turrets I created for the new HT&L Fenris.:D

Technicaly, yes you can MODEL side mounted MP turrets, but they never work right, so don't bother IIRC
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
Just to show my ignorance...
can you have single part turretts rotating 360° around a centerpoint?
I mean a turrett made of a simple single barrel, rotating in any direction around its base

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hmmm, those new turrets are nice. :) Ummm, could you pleasepost shots of the old turrets alongside those, just for comparison? :nod:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Raptor

Here you go Setekh.

New version on the left (both views), old on the right.  The new one does have UVmapping, but I have yet to texture it.
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
ehm... bump:)
Originally posted by KARMA

can you have single part turretts rotating 360° around a centerpoint?
I mean a turrett made of a simple single barrel, rotating in any direction around its base

Offline Raptor

Dont' know KARMA, never tried it.  It could rotate in around one axis, but I doubt you could get it to rotate fully:doubt:

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
well the FOV can't be obviously higher than 180

Offline Raptor

BUMP!:D

The redone forward section of decking.  No windows this time.
http://www.angelfire.com/space2/raptorsnest/Aeolus-stage11-1.jpg

I've also redone the upper surfaces of the 'spar' between the forward hull and the main engines.
http://www.angelfire.com/space2/raptorsnest/Aeolus-stage11-2.jpg

Next I'll try to work along the keel...;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 02:43:29 pm by 914 »

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by Unknown Target
Purdy :)

Indeed. I'll have to redo my Shivan Attack -animation using your model :nod:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
What are you using to render those views, Raptor? They're terribly solarized (color banding).
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by Sandwich
What are you using to render those views, Raptor? They're terribly solarized (color banding).

Truespace's own 'renderscene', import into PSP, crop/resize, then jpg save at 25% compression.

@Lt.C: and while your at that, maybe you could redo the Shivan attack on the vigilant;)

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by Raptor
@Lt.C: and while your at that, maybe you could redo the Shivan attack on the vigilant;)[/COLOR]

One thing at a time. Now finish that model :D

*Bumped from the abyss* :nervous:

Has there been any development on this lately?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellem
         "If you wish for peace, prepare for war."

Offline Raptor

Well, since this threads been bumped (by quite a bit)...

Yes, there has been progress lately.  Was distracted by Revision:eek2:, Exams:eek:, and modeling an HTL *****;7.  But I've had a look at it (the Aeolus) again, and I'm ready to attempt to UVmap it.

Would post screenies, but can't right now.:hopping:
(Just in case, does anyone see the images I posted here?)

Is there anyone willing to texture this ship?  My own texturing skills don't come close enough to do this ship justice.:(

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
Post the pics in a seperate post
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
------------------------------------------
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

When I copy and past the URL for the picture into the address bar the image comes up just fine.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellem
         "If you wish for peace, prepare for war."

Offline Krackers87

• 158 crew
the jaggys sear my eyes, i plead for a better render!
Put this in your profile if you know someone who is fighting, has survived, or has died from an awp no scope.

just like seventies goofballs
he's waiting on last calls
well listen method man
'cause if you leave on the last line
don't leave on the ground kind
born just a little too slow

Offline Raptor