Author Topic: Return of the.....  (Read 20844 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Any more progress on this? :)

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
After posting email address to forum thread.............
*awaits patiently for model to be delivered via email to my inbox*
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 02:59:42 am by 1659 »

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by Unknown Target
Any more progress on this? :)

Well, Mik said he'd do some to it, but haven't heard a word from him yet...

I may do some at some point, if he dosn't show anything.
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Thanx aldo, the model arrived. But i cant seem to open it in ModelView. I think it's coz ive got an older version.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 11:52:16 pm by 1659 »

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Raptor

Well, Mik said he'd do some to it, but haven't heard a word from him yet...

I may do some at some point, if he dosn't show anything.

Yarr :nod:

He be busy. I'm assumin'. Continue.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Shinobi

• http://www.sectorgame.com/twistedinfinities
Originally posted by Pilot Of The US
Thanx aldo, the model arrived. But i cant seem to open it in ModelView. I think it's coz ive got an older version.

Try using VAs version of modelview which allows high poly models to be viewed. Here's the download link. Just follow the instructions :)

Click.

Shinobi

Twisted Infinities-P1mp!
[Sectorgame] - Lurker
[Freespace 2 Sector]  - Lurker

Rawhide! - Hilarious Vasudan Comedy from ZylonBane
Freespace Flash! - Mindless Flash Action Goodness from Carl

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
?  It's not a high poly model, anyways...............

Offline Raptor

I got bored waiting for Mik.

Here's a couple of new pics.  I've starting adding windows and detailing up the forward section.

Along the spar.  I've reduced the size of half the windows along here.

Around the side ports.  One will a beam (AAA), other Hornet battery/Flak emplacement.  That box and connecting, er, section is supposed to be a power conduit running from the engine to the beam cannon.;)

Comments?
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Wow! Very purdy!
You deleted one half of it, and are gonna flip the one side when you're done, right? :)
But it really looks like a spaceship now!

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by Unknown Target
Wow! Very purdy!
You deleted one half of it, and are gonna flip the one side when you're done, right? :)
But it really looks like a spaceship now!

Glad you approve, though I do wonder if I've put in TOO many windows...:doubt:

For the record: I've only modelled half, and once it's finished nad UVmapped, I'll use TS6's Mirrior modeller to add the starboard side.;)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Raptor
For the record: I've only modelled half, and once it's finished nad UVmapped, I'll use TS6's Mirrior modeller to add the starboard side.;)

That mirror modeller is a wonder isn't it? :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by karajorma

That mirror modeller is a wonder isn't it? :D

:wtf: Anything semi-decent can do a mirror image of an object.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Sandwich
:wtf: Anything semi-decent can do a mirror image of an object.

Yeah but before TS6 you could have all kinds of problems using TS :D And speaking as one former user of TS3.2 talking to another I knew that Raptor had probably been through the same problems :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ahh, gotcha. All you had to say was "TS" in the same sentence as "problem". ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Raptor

All too true Kara, all too true...

Some more Screenies!

Some windows for the bridge.

Another row of windows above the forward engines.

This is how I see the bridge beening laid out.  extra height room with a raised central area for the captain (Think the orginal 'Battlestar Galactica' bridge and you won't go to far wrong;) ).  The red box shows the confines of the bridge, while the green figures are to scale.  The grey lines show the levels of both the decks and the 'cealing' (what is the correct nautical term for that:confused: )

This is just a bit of fun, showing how a human can see out of the (revised) windows.  Each window is 2 meters wide and 0.5 meters high.

Ya, 600 posts!

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
can we have a full shot with the mirrored part as well?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
...and a green stick figure for scale! :D

Offline Raptor

Okay, here is the 'complete' version.  I've added both a human and a Hercules, both correct scale (1:10).  The human is that little green blob:lol:

This last one...rethinking turret size...dorsal (top) or ventral (bottom) set?(the dorsal ones are a third bigger)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I think the ventral turrets are better. The dorsal turretss seem out of proportion to me.

Thanks for your work, it's looking good! :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Err, how many polys is that? Sure, Hi polyfication is awesome, but going overboard is never a good thing.

The wireframe looks fairly efficient, but still, a poly number'd be nice to set my mind at ease:)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp