Author Topic: Excellent work all.  (Read 6780 times)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
One thing you notice in this community is the high level of commitment. There are a lot of mods with exceptional potential in the works and everyone is generally very helpful and friendly. A great deal of quality work is being done in documentation, fiction and artwork (Kudos to Setekh and the rest of you guys). I know I'm stating the obvious but I feel this needs to be said:

Excellent work all, I'm glad to be a part of this community.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Hehe, excellent words dude - well worth quoting. Your completly right, this community is very close. The people here are more friendly than almost any other i've found on the internet and it's a real pleasure to have known all of you. I hope the community will stick together after Freespace2 is long gone and continue to dedicate itself to such incredible things. Your all the best guys! well done!

------------------
Webmaster: Hard Light Productions
Staffer and P1mp: Ross128   Sounds of Thunder

Fight the future!

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
I agree. The community is what's making FreeSpace 2 still interestiing after so long.

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
This is the kind of thing that makes all the time and effort you put into the community worth it.

It's fantastic to see our site grow, and the community grow with it. I believe that even after FS2 is withered and old, we'll all stick together through this very site and move on to great things. It's my sincere hope that as many of you as possible can stay with us.

I'm proud to be in this community too. I pity da foos in all da other communities  

But on a more serious note - Maeglamor: thank you, and you can trust that we will continue the work.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
Yub yub Setekh!!  

------------------

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm hoping to contribute a little as well. Gotta make some time after I finish my college course.

Got a storyline for a campaign and some other stuff I want to get to work on. Yet again it all comes down to there not being enough hours in the day   .

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
The best thing is, everyone's all happy here, so once we get big into such things as IW2, FL and whatever else people bring up, there'll be a big group who have experience, perhaps not with the specific application, but with many general concepts.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
I'm very happy with the community here. All so helpful. Guess FreeSpace brings people from all over the world together.

------------------

GTD Excellence Webmaster

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Hard Light Productions: Bringing Modders* Together

* And various other cool dudes

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
In light of all the lovely stuff that's been seen around these parts of late I think it's only right that this thread gets a...

*bump*

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by Shrike:
The best thing is, everyone's all happy here, so once we get big into such things as IW2, FL and whatever else people bring up, there'll be a big group who have experience, perhaps not with the specific application, but with many general concepts.

As FL won't have a mission editor, and then will be kindda pointless to edit  , I hope IW2 will be THE next basis for all us modders  

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

want to see my models and renders?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
IW is moddable, but the ships might be a problem..... they're a modified LW format, if memory serves.  So that means those of us with lightwave will have to get our butts in gear.  
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I have it, but learning it is something else... ouch  
bah, it must be possible to convert max files to LW? The two most important formats, yep, no doubt it's possible.

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

want to see my models and renders?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Maeglamor:
In light of all the lovely stuff that's been seen around these parts of late I think it's only right that this thread gets a...

*bump*

Well bumped.   It's true... there's just so much Damn™ Cool™ Stuff™ floating around here that it's just amazing. Kudos to everyone again.  

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
I'm proud to be part of this community... it has a lot of cool and funny people, crazy, working and inovative modders, bla bla bla bla  

Anyway... Excellent work HLP and all the other working people that keep freespace 2 running!

I can only see you comparable to my ride buddies  

KEEP IT UP!!!

------------------
"Out there there's no time to think... if you think, you're dead..." - Maverick
"Wissa got a grand army!" - Jar Jar
"...So we're talking about dropping the bottom first... very, very, very operand riding...!" - "Dik" Cox
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey I got on the news page! ...and for all the right reasons.

Seriously though, between fantastic models (too many to count), effects (new weapons, beams, Carl's nifty pack) and good research into tables and pof files (thanks Kazan and you table hacking guys). We've come a mighty long way and there seems to be no lapse in quality or inventiveness. Wow.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
i agree in saying that the freespace community is like a world on its own.

needless to say FREESPACE ROCKS!!!!
let me put it this way,
There are roughly the same (or more) of mods/missions for freespace and half life
I'm a big fan of both, but  the enitre freespace series has been played for longer Just look at PXO, we're just lucky there isn't a "Planet Freespace" or somthing  
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Unidan

• http://unidan.stickserv.net/
My God... A game I'd never heard of, that changed my gaming life, and  brought me to this community, turned out to be one of the coolest things in my life. You guys are great.

Thank you *sniff*  

------------------
Website manager and beta tester of the GTVA VS. EMPIRE campaign.
GTVA VS. EMPIRE homepage

My E-Mail=   [email protected]  

-------------------------
If Indiana Jones and Han Solo were in a fight... who would win?

If you figure out what this numbermeans you win a prize :D
26724 2337
I'll think of a siggie later..

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
you wanna talk about commitment? i was working on B5P and I forgot to eat for three days!  

Suck on these screens from us at FS2:TBP!

------------------
FreeSpace 2: The Babylon Project Effects Nerd and Programmer.
http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/babylon

Alliance Productions
http://alliance.sourceforge.net

Did you say you wanted your head used as a soccer ball?
The Klooges are coming! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Snipes

• http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/us

Originally posted by Kazan:
you wanna talk about commitment? i was working on B5P and I forgot to eat for three days!  

I don't know if that's commitment, I think it's more of a misjudgement of priorities...

------------------
United Space
Newsie, Modder, Slave to Asta
------------------
"Snipes... Is The Dark Continent."