Author Topic: Need some model help  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

Need some model help
I made a new model for FS2 using TS1. After finishing the model I used POF2COB to convert it to POF format and Modelview32 to convert it to an FS2 POF from the FS1 POF (And don't start p1mping, Kazan, cause POFCS v.0.95 screwed up my model when I tried converting, and don't give me that ****  about it not working w/ TS1, because it does.) I got it all set up, but when I tested it in Fred2 (I was using the GVA Setekh TBL entry) half of the ship didn't show up (specifically the main hull).
Here's the file so you all can tell me what I did wrong in the shortest amount of time:  http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/gtdwolf/x11.zip

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

Visit the GTD Wolf Forums here

Any and all Bosch Beer is hereby stolen - ahem, confiscated - by the GTVA - No, ensign, don't get out the cups yet - and must be sent to the GTD Orion Class Destroyer, the GTD Wolf - Corporal, I said we wanted pizza, not hamburgers! - stationed in this system. Any reluctance to comply and we'll make you our pinata - ahem, PoW - until further notice.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline QXMX

I noticed something that I had wrong with my model as well, if you zoom out and look at it at a certain angle, you can see what looks like the hull.  Can you send me the cob, and I'll try to convert it.  One thing, why are you converting it from an FS1 model to an FS2 model.  Why not just directly to FS2.

Also, why are there 4 hull objects?

------------------
.....File not found....please enter password

Webmaster of Subspace Zero

Co-Creator, GroundZero
ICQ# 117983680

Offline Grey Wolf

1: Because POF2COB doesn't really convert to FS2 POFs. Either option converts to FS1.
2: Because TS1 doesn't like me.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Grey Wolf

Just click on the same link as before. I added the SCN file.

Offline QXMX

You could try moving those turret mounts up out of the main hull.  I don't know if they cutting into the other faces is causing it, but since these are the only two that are screwed up, it might be an option.

------------------
.....File not found....please enter password

Webmaster of Subspace Zero

Co-Creator, GroundZero
ICQ# 117983680