Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 77622 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
WS is pilotable.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
You just want to spoil all the surprises, don't you? :p

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
What surprises? :p
There were some Earth skybox screenies way back in this thread. :p

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Yeah, but this is all new and improved.

Oh well, the shots are great. Should make some people drool ;7

[EDIT] Damn time warp!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

Screenshot by DaBrain. :D
Post your favorite TBP screenies. :)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Ok. ;)

(Don't mind the env mapping :) )
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

That environment mapping is kinda pretty, but a bit distracting I guess.  I know in BF1942, in the Forgotten Hope mod, I was wowed when I bumped my gfx settings all the way up (I found that it would run just as well at high, and if it lagged at high, it was going to lag at low anyway) and saw the mapping on all the shiny chrome-like planes.  But then, sometimes when you go into a bomber turret, the windows are a little dirty, so it's too distracting.

Anyway, here are some of my screenshots; I hope nobody minds.  They're not nearly as good as the devs' of course, but I figure we should all post a few now and then.

For these first three, I just threw together a quick skirmish with 11 Sharlins vs. about two dozen mixed early EA ships.  I'm still not good with telling ships where to go, so I made some rudimentary waypoints for the Minbari ships to follow after they jumped out of hyperspace, but they all single-mindedly went to the waypoints (which I made behind the EA lines), destroying whichever ships happened to be in beam range, but ignoring any others.

Just wanted to try out flying the White Star.  It's a bit strange having the turreted beam fire independently like that.  Since the Nials have the beams (albeit with misaligned sounds, as somebody addressed elsewhere), will you be looking into making another version of the White Star with a player controllable beam?

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
This is what I posted in the SCP forum - it's about Bobbeau's new experiment weapon models build - so it has its bugs, but it is pretty cool.

Ambient 55 is pretty good for Raider wars, methinks. About the environment mapping, well, I wouldn't use the alpha option with TBP - it looks a bit wierd without alpha channels - i think TBP has no alpha channels, just shinemaps.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Oh...my...God...EXTERNAL WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneoneone

Yeah, I was trying out the environment mapping in a quick map I threw together.  I had Epsilon 3 in the skybox, and so when I was flying around a Sharlin, it was as though there was an individual Epsilon 3 being reflected back at me from every surface of the thing.  When I flew near some more boxy ships (you know, the EA flying boxes ;))  it was as though all of them had giant mirrors mounted all over.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
The maps do not have an alpha channel (yet?).

It'll take quite some time to add an alpha channel to all maps.

Just don't use '-env'.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

So what exactly is an alpha channel anyway?  Is it something people would have to manually create for every map, or just needs to be added with each backdrop, such that it will be there if you add it into a mission?

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
An alpha channel is an additional layer for the shinemap, which can define the intensity of the -env effect seperately. I you deselect the "use alpha" flag, the shinemap is used for the env mapping, which can look good on some ships and horrible on others.

It has nothing to do with the nebula backgrounds.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Originally posted by DaBrain
The maps do not have an alpha channel (yet?).

It'll take quite some time to add an alpha channel to all maps.

Just don't use '-env'.

:doubt:
just don't use -alpha_env
the regular -env should be fine.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
If only specmapping worked. D3D8 does not show shinemaps with Radeon cards and OpenGL just crashes. But it's still light-years better than the canceled "Into the Fire" game.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
*bump*

Say hello to my new desktop wallpaper:

The Dublin and Yorktown in all their glowpointed-autofaceted-goodness
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Offline Slasher

Just wait 'til you see the Omega. :nod:

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
From this screen i see that Hyperion need more, much more polys:rolleyes:

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by c914
From this screen i see that Hyperion need more, much more polys:rolleyes:

That's in progress....