Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 77773 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated. Nice to see you all more or less agreeing on something. I don't think I'll be putting beam weapons on it though. Beam weapons imply a level of technology and damage potential which I do not think is appropriate for such an old Narn ship. I'll probably make those 4 big guns the same as they are on the Th'nor. Which (I haven't checked) is probably some kind of medium/heavy plasma.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 06:12:44 am by 43 »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Can I just say that you guys are doing an outstanding job on this. Each new screenshot just makes the mod seem more and more special and refined. You guys are to FS2 what the Desert Combat mod is to Battlefield1942.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by IPAndrews
I'll probably make those 4 big guns the same as they are on the Th'nor. Which (I haven't checked) is probably some kind of medium/heavy plasma.

Yep, the Th'nor has some heavy plasma blobs on its main guns. But I suggest you make their relative hitpoint-% of the total HP a bit larger. Since the Th'Nor loses its main guns very quickly when engaging an enemy head-on.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Remember, if you want beams. Just FRED em.

...kind of like my EA Freighters of SHADOW SLICER DOOM!!! I have no idea what I was thinking when I made those up. Scary ships they were.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Here a shot from Raider Wars campaign.
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Wow. :yes:

FSO still kicks arse :D
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline starfox

Very beautiful screenie, somehow it reminds me of "In the beginning & Lexington".  I see there's been some updates done to the Hyperion/Midwinter model, that is if my poor eyes don't deceive me again.
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by starfox
I see there's been some updates done to the Hyperion/Midwinter model, that is if my poor eyes don't deceive me again.

It was recompiled with autofaceting, glowpoints and debris added, and the shinemaps were tweaked a bit.
But the model itself is the same as in R1 ....shows how far the engine has come.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
They look pretty good.

Vorlons rock
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Spot the difference;

Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Nice looking rocks you got there... :cool:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Nice asteroid field...
More natural(=round) than the previous one!
:yes: ;)
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Add to that, the use of a "Shadow Build"?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Nah, just standard light source shading.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Hey guys. How about some screenshots from Raider Wars 2.0 running on the nice new 3.2 TBP core for publicity purposes?

I tried taking some - but I'm rubbish.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Some TBP 3.2 awesomeness:

--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Guys we could really do with some fantastic new screen shots showing off the gameplay of The Babylon Project for a secret project that I cannot tell you about (without having to kill you). We are interested in in-cockpit shots, external chase view shots, battle shots with big explosions, and beauty shots of our ships. If anyone wants to shar a nice screenie now would be the time.

IP, I may be able to whip some up. I hope you like the EA...