Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2657646 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: A celebration of Freespace
Snail means that this would be coveted desktop material and would have crashed TinyPic's servers from all the frenetic downloading.  XD

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
one simply word to all of dabrain shots: Jesus!

i die for the new medias  :D

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Would someone please make me a desktop? (I need something 1280x800, preferably with explosions and normal and no nebula, sorta like some of the Aeolus shots earlier)

Thanks!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
1. Set your FS display setting to whatever you want.
2. Go into FRED and make a mission with whatever you want. (it's not hard at all)
3. Play your mission in FS, press Shift+O to hide the HUD, the Num-/, Num-* and Num-del keys to change views.
4. Press PrintScreen to take screenshots
5. Take a whole bunch, and sort through them later.

Screenshots made!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
And with Alt-Pause you can stop the simulation but control the cameras... at least if you already are on the outside free view.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

The key is to get yourself in the middle of some heavy sh*t and start flying around looking for what could be awesome shots, and not really caring about the mission.  I might load and reload a mission with lots of eye candy like 20 times just to take shots in the thick of things constantly getting fried.
mb:  Asus A8AE-LE, athlon 64 3200+ 2ghz, 1024mb ram (2x512 pc3200), evga geforce 7600 gt 256mb gddr3 pci-e, hdd 142gb, 56gb

Offline Snail

• SC 5
While in Alt-Pause mode, pressing Enter will activate the external freeview, and pressing space will deactivate the HUD.

While in Alt-Pause mode, pressing Enter will activate the external freeview, and pressing space will deactivate the HUD.

!!!!!

How did I not know this!?!?!?!?
mb:  Asus A8AE-LE, athlon 64 3200+ 2ghz, 1024mb ram (2x512 pc3200), evga geforce 7600 gt 256mb gddr3 pci-e, hdd 142gb, 56gb

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
It's a case of Tortoise vs Hare... the tortoise will notice everything at his speed; so will the Snail.  ;)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

!!!!!

How did I not know this!?!?!?!?
And why didn't I?

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Myrmidon photo story!

Chapter 1 - The great battle!

Impossible odds!

Fight!

Ouch!

Revenge!

"Hello. My Name Is Inigo Montoya. You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die."

To be continued...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 05:18:27 pm by DaBrain »
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Shivans don't care if their family is destroyed. :p
Nice pics anyway.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I cast a :wtf: in your direction!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Acutally I bought a new gfx card (8800) and have a lot of fun right now, but also a some serious system stability problems in 3d...

But... fun now.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:29:47 pm by DaBrain »
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There's a puddle of drool on the floor now.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Tell me that that Myrm isn't a reskinned/hi-poly version, cuz it looks kinda bad compared to, say, that Fenris/Leviathan, or the Zeus...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I guess it's because the high poly Myrm model is only, like, 1/4 the polies of the Zeus or Levy. It still looks good IMO.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
The textures are mainly what bothered me in those pics.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
8800 What?

EDIT: 999th reply!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 09:17:36 am by colecampbell666 »

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
@Sandwich

Yepp, that's the "HTL" Myrmidon.

Anyway... I think my PC finally runs a bit better now, or at least it didn't crash for a while now.

So I was able to take more pics.

(hosted by Game-Warden)