Author Topic: Wierd Error  (Read 1599 times)

Hey, I just installed the open thing and was trying out Topace's Renegade Resurrgence. Anyway, when I started the fist mission, if I targetted a ship the red box would appear around my target, but the lead indicator and the distance to and the 'others targetting dots' would appear several inches to the right (and usually several inches down too).

Also when I failed the mission, the primary failed indicator came up several inches to the right as well.

My computer is pretty slow (overclocked 450mhz is about all I know about it), but the gameplay itself wasn't _that_ bad. So I dunno what's going on.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bugs.  We can't fix them, because all our programmers jumped ship to go work on Ferrium. :rolleyes:

Find us some programmers and we'll start fixing the bugs.

EDIT: Just so you know, this rant isn't directed against you.  If we still had all our programmers, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
except for me, except i only have time to work on coding for about an hour a week.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, I've seen you fixing little things bit by bit... most notably the AI flag, which is very good.  And taylor's been doing a heap of really great stuff.  But that's about it.

Well is this a common bug encountered before? Or no?
I understand the "we can't fix bugs" bit, but I was wondering if my problem was something new or if everyone's in a similar boat. Maybe I'll start it up again and see if the bug persists. It's not too big of a deal anyway, I'll just have to aim better!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
funny I didn't realise I constitute all of your programmers, Kaz was never realy that active, and AFAIK nobody else has jumped ship, at the least I haven't seen anyone doing anything over there either. don't feel too bad, I'm hardly doing anything over there anyway. and maybe FSO will get a new texture management system out of this, I worked something out that will probly use 1/3rd the memory.
kinda makes you long for the days I made fifty new bugs a day dunit?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
and in reference to the topic, were you useing the unsuported non-standard modes? or what about the unsuported FOV modifier
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

and in reference to the topic, were you useing the unsuported non-standard modes? or what about the unsuported FOV modifier

Um. . . yeah, I dunno. I used that Installer 3.6 , which put in everything. And then I slap in Renegade Ressurgence in director RR/data and put the mod on there. And that's about all I did. The HUD looked the same as it always does . . . save for the two aforementioned bits out of whack.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
try it without non-standard resolutions and/or fov, these are as mentioned not suported. they were just tacked on becose they could easily, but fixing the problems assosiated with them is rediculusly more complicated than it should be, but some people would be willing to live with it so we left them in.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3