Author Topic: The size of the GTVA  (Read 7451 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by venom2506:
lol, I doubt the erynies is 3km3 lol
A cubic km is 1 billion cubic meters. Argo=1255854 m3, and if the Orion holds 30000, considering the removal of the massive weapons system, I'm guessing it could hold maybe 200 people, and that would be a tight fit.
Edit: On second thought make that 100.

[This message has been edited by Grey Wolf 2009 (edited 08-06-2001).]
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
The Argo is a 171 m long transport.  That's sufficient room, going by modern seagoing vessels, to fit at least a thousand people, if it's configured properly.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Yeah but no, coz a seaboat doen't have to protect against vacuum, doesn't have to bring air for I don't know how long, doesn't have to carry shields to protect from extremely cold temperature on one side, and extremely hot on the other (if you're not to far from a star of course). For the same capacity, a space is ship necessarly bigger imo.

------------------
venom2506  
SCREW CANON!

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
*sigh* I think you're all losing sight of the real reason here- it's a game!!!

Don't get so hung up on details. A few posts is plenty about this mind-blisteringly uninteresting and surreal topic. Who knows what tech they would have/need? Maybe the entire mechanism would fit in the palm of my hand! Maybe it has to be the size of Manhattan! It was interesting for a while, but it's really past time to just shrug yer shoulders and move on, because there is no good answer.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Well, detail is exactly what this thread is about.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce

Yeah but no, coz a seaboat doen't have to protect against vacuum, doesn't have to bring air for I don't know how long, doesn't have to carry shields to protect from extremely cold temperature on one side, and extremely hot on the other (if you're not to far from a star of course). For the same capacity, a space is ship necessarly bigger imo.

You're assuming that its difficult to do something like that in 200-300 years from now.  Even if the armor plating is thick...and the engines are rather large...that still leaves room for significant personell space.

The evac ships would probably be stuffed to the gills remember.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Not really. Like was pointed out before (I think), the fighters are huge, and most of that space would not be necessary to hold rockets or guns, etc. Those little one-person interceptors are at least a hundredth the size of an Argo (more like a thirtieth or less), which is supposed to hold a thousand people.

And you're right, Steak, but I had no better answer at the time.