Author Topic: RELEASE: Sync  (Read 99578 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's a good idea.  Who knows, it might even match one of Ransom's ideas. ;)  Why not go ahead and start FREDding?

It's a good idea.  Who knows, it might even match one of Ransom's ideas. ;)  Why not go ahead and start FREDding?

Because I am not good at it. And also I want to play through more campaigns first.
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Playing more campaigns is always good for inspiration.

The best way to get good at FREDding is to practice.  Start with the FRED2 mission tutorial if you haven't done it yet.

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
The original FRED2 tutorial covers the basics pretty well from what I remember (I need to do it again if I'm going to get back into FREDing anyways) and somewhere on here Karajorma (I think) wrote an updated tutorial with Diaspora.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
And http://fredzone.hard-light.net/freddocs/ for un-modded FS2.  (Written for retail, so as Firesteel said it covers the basics.)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Don't give up! FRED seems intimidating at first, but once you make a few missions you start to get the hang of it and eventually you'll get real comfortable. I promise! I'm a more recent FREder myself and that is exactly what happened to me.