Author Topic: Alpha 1 will be dissapointed...  (Read 7366 times)

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Alpha 1 will be dissapointed...
Shouldn't only the newest information be considered as canon, since it's the unwritten canon law in sci-fi and other literature? Thus, the FS2 is the only "true" reference source we can use when discussing things like this.
lol wtf

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
I doubt it. From what I've seen, a big boom will collapse a node. The Lucifer collapsed the node by blowing up.

Yeah, but the Lucifer had five huge reactors that powered its flux cannons and shields, and were presumably more powerful than anything the GTA could have come up with.  By the end of FS2, when the Bastion was deployed to destroy a node, command was not entirely sure that it would even work, and that was using a weapon (meson bombs) that had only recently been constructed.  That leaves me to believe that the GTA couldn't have mustered sufficient explosive force to actually collapse a node.

As for the node(s) around sol, that's one point where canon pretty blatently conflicts.  It wasn't a major plot element in FS1, while it did play a part in FS2 and Silent Threat, so we tend to take those as canon over the CB ani's from FS1.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Mav

Originally posted by kietotheworld
... Vs. Alpha 1 (ST) ...

...who might be Bosch? (at least I got that impression)
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline -Norbert-

How about that:
There where 3 jump nodes in the first great war. The explosion of the Lucifer send out a kind of shockwave whithin the subspace that completely annihilated the Beta Aquile and Deneb nodes.
But the Delta Serpentis node, beeing in the "eye of the storm" wasn't completely destroyed, but only became too unstable to send ships or even messages through.

It may not be the truce, but it would fit in well ;)

Offline Kie99

Does that have anything to do with this thread?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
We're participating in the time-honored HLP tradition of thread hijackage.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Kie99

or replying in the wrong thread Ngm1tr
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"