Author Topic: New mediaVP title screen  (Read 15591 times)

Offline Falcon

Originally posted by Drew

with the pic of the aten in second

Used Galemps Aten model in that shot........ :)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by karajorma
Personally I think the current one is prettier than anything so far posted on this thread and I don't think we should change it till we've got something better.

2nd-ed...nothing shown here beats the current splash screen.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
How about whoever did the current spash screen, use the same mission used to generate the first one, but add in the new HTL Faustus and the Aeolus beta.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Originally posted by karajorma
Personally I think the current one is prettier than anything so far posted on this thread and I don't think we should change it till we've got something better.

Offline Axem

Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
How about whoever did the current spash screen, use the same mission used to generate the first one, but add in the new HTL Faustus and the Aeolus beta.

Tell me another place to get the files that are   here and it can be done. The link doesn't work for me. :( I already have AeolusHTL.zip though.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Axem
Tell me another place to get the files that are   here and it can be done. The link doesn't work for me. :( I already have AeolusHTL.zip though.

I myself have the file, but its more than 3MB compressed, which would exceed my personal webspace.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
what the hell....im going to post it.

"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
The Bacground is nice, but screenshot doesn't hit the level of the current splash.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
The current splash owns too much I'm afriad.

Offline Kie99

How about this:

Or This?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Well, if you're going to be Inferno about it, I'm going to have to say that the EA splash screen is much better. Now if only I could find the thing...*goes hunting through the Inferno forum*
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Originally posted by Trivial Psychic

I myself have the file, but its more than 3MB compressed, which would exceed my personal webspace.

Send me a PM, I'll give you my 'other' email, so I can host the file.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
The splash is about the media vp and not Inferno --> Disqualified regardless value.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Kie99

It never said no Mods allowed though, and I have a retail ship in the second pic.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
One Sathanas hardly justifies a ubership-orgy of those proportions :p

Besides, those nebulas suck.  Anything being considered for the splash screen should have use of lightspeed's nebulas (cohesively) as a prerequsite.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
would these do then?

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That's close.  Download the glowpointer Perseus so it matches the Herc, lose your squad logo, ideally get the HTL Orion, and compose that shot with your fighter a quarter-screen below it's current location so it isn't obscuring everything and you've got a winner.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by StratComm
That's close.  Download the glowpointer Perseus so it matches the Herc, lose your squad logo, ideally get the HTL Orion, and compose that shot with your fighter a quarter-screen below it's current location so it isn't obscuring everything and you've got a winner.

Where can I get this glowpointed perseus? Or the HTL Orion for that matter?

Will do moving the fighter though.