Author Topic: GTF Ulysses without Vasudan tech?  (Read 8726 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
GTF Ulysses without Vasudan tech?
:nod: did that the 2nd time. :D Dad found me playing that mission and told me to use the ursa. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
My roommate blew up the Lucifer in a Valkyrie.  But he did it in "Running the Gauntlet". ;)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:lol: a valk...
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I blew up the lucy in an apollo.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The Ulysses hovers on the line between sacrificing armor for manuverablity and weapons that the Serapis ended up overshooting. I personally find it easier to use the a Herc due to its gun placement. If a mission gives me trouble, though, I'll resort to a Herc for sheer durablity value, but because of the awkward way the Herc's second set of guns is placed my kills drop.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I don't have any problems with it. the Herc is my fav fighter, and if it's yours, learn to use the guns properly. ;)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by Raa
I was in an Ursa in that mission... IIRC. Because the control freak in me knew the AI would mess up.

Really?  I've never had any problems with the AI in that mission; they tend to kick Lucifer @$$ pretty consistently.  I just stuck with the default Herc loadout; can't go wrong with quads. :D

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Originally posted by kv1at3485
Loadout on the Ulysses is fine when you think about the ship it's supposed to be going after: Dragons.

For anything else, take a Herc.

Bah. Loki with Harpoons for me. :cool: Can't go wrong with the agility or the small size.

Used it all through Homesick -- barely survived the last mission, tho.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 05:07:38 pm by 51 »
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Solatar

I like loading up the Herc with either all Banshees or all Prometheus cannons and putting it in 6 gun mode. Nice way to mow down Nephilims.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
the best loudout is Banshees and Prometheus. ;)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Avengers and Banshees > *

I never. Ever. use Prometheus. In FS1 or 2...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:eek2: Prometheus is one of the best weapons in FS1 AND FS2

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Methinks its crap.

Offline Solatar

I'd say an Avenger - Banshee combo would be pretty deadly as well.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Now the avenger sucks. so does the ML-16 :D

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well, this is coming from the guy who blamed the AI for stealing every one of his kills in our multi matches....

Offline Solatar

I think the Avenger has a cool sound effect.:nervous:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Raa
Well, this is coming from the guy who blamed the AI for stealing every one of his kills in our multi matches....

ah, shuddup. :D

Solatar: that's the only reason i actually liked the avenger.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The Avenger is almost the same as the Subach, table-wise, isn't it?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
lemme check... well i'll be damned. the avenger is more powerful, but with a .05 second slower fire wait.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 02:32:16 pm by 2299 »