Author Topic: A question about Ship Flags  (Read 2869 times)

A question about Ship Flags
I just find this remarkably confusing. 3200 should be 3.2% of the Orion. Does anyone positively know why the ingame damage varies from 4%-6%?

...what does the bottom of it say?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
It handles the screen flashing code and a variety of other stuff, like the function to do damage to a ship.

Edit: And I'd say it's because of what I said...it depends on the hull strength. For an orion, here's what it'd be:
Code: [Select]
total_scale = 1.0 * (target->hull_strength / target->initial_hull_strength) * 0.9

Edit 2: On second thought, it looks like the "bomb" flag on a Cyclops would make it skip everything but the 1.0...so it should be full damage every time. :wtf: Maybe it's residual damage from the shockwave?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 02:44:34 am by 374 »
-C

Oh, n/m.

A question, though. Using that, how much damage would a Harbinger do to, say, a Sathanas?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 02:44:24 am by 1802 »

FUKOOOOV!

Offline WMCoolmon

Somewhere between its real damage amount, and .75*(Sathanas' hull percentage), right off the top of my head from looking at that code.
-C

Edit 2: On second thought, it looks like the "bomb" flag on a Cyclops would make it skip everything but the 1.0...so it should be full damage every time.  Maybe it's residual damage from the shockwave?

Well, I never tried the Cyclops. I've only been testing the Harbinger and Helios.

FUKOOOOV!

Offline WMCoolmon

Same goes for anything with the "bomb" flag.
-C

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Originally posted by FireCrack
so if you start pounding a molocch with a subach you can get it down to 10% but no further?

Exactly. :)

To override the Big Damage flag, you need a Huge weapon. Cyclops, Tsunami, Helios, Harbinger, Phoenix V, Barracuda, and Trebuchet all fit this category.

I thought Big Damage made it possible to be targeted by beams...?
[/b]

No. Cruisers do not have the Big Damage flag, but they're still valid beam targets. Any flag of "freighter" or larger makes them viable targets for anticap beams. (Might be "transport" -- i forget whether Argos are valid targets for beams.)

Anyhow, because cruisers don't have Big Damage, one fighter with full banks of Tempests can own them quite handily, as the burned-out wreck of any Fenris can attest. But you can't do that with, say, a destroyer or a corvette. (You used to be able to, tho, in FS1.)
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"