Author Topic: I think I broke the Speed Limit...  (Read 7364 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I think I broke the Speed Limit...

Originally posted by KillMeNow:
i once set the burners to a very slow rate of change in speed but a very very very very very veyr veyr high top speed so it was light real physics i burned upto speed then coasted made battle very difficult if you were closing froma  long distance tended to over shoot your target doing 20000kph then it took forever to slow downa dthen speed up and head back adn the the same would ahppen - but i never took it to that extreme =) i will hav to see if i can break warp 3 lol its warp 10 thats supposed to be unachievable

That's actually a very real IW2 "problem". Luckily I've found the perfect solution. All you have to do is turn the ship around to face the other way, and engage manual LDS for a second, then disengage it. It'll send you speeding at ~900 in the direction you faced.  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by sandwich:
That's actually a very real IW2 "problem". Luckily I've found the perfect solution. All you have to do is turn the ship around to face the other way, and engage manual LDS for a second, then disengage it. It'll send you speeding at ~900 in the direction you faced.    

Iwar2 should simulate people compression lol

[This message has been edited by venom2506 (edited 09-23-2001).]
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
People compression?

What are the ratioes like?  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by Setekh:
People compression?

What are the ratioes like?  

Dunno, but sandwich way to decrease speed seems to involve some serious negative G force  

SCREW CANON!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Shouldn't matter - the fact that you can make the jump to LDS in the first place means that there is a nice inertial dampner onboard... or else you'd have {your name here}-jelly.  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

and he used a pegasus to reach that warp lol.

it be funny to see a cap ship go that fast LOL........... i just finished messin with the tbl for a hecate and perseus to copy what greywolf did but achieve.....duh duh doo.......warp---10!

SPACE CRACK

------------------
New Dawn Resolution -COPP That for FS2!

Fabolous-Blood aka Treize K.
New Dawn Resolution -COPP That for FS2!

Fabolous-Blood aka Treize K.

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by fabolous_blood:
and he used a pegasus to reach that warp lol.

it be funny to see a cap ship go that fast LOL........... i just finished messin with the tbl for a hecate and perseus to copy what greywolf did but achieve.....duh duh doo.......warp---10!

SPACE CRACK

That is a Perseus, my boy. The Pegasus is the blue and black stealth one.

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

You Can Go Faster If You Set Acel To 0.0001

Thats The Fastes FS2 Suporrts

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

About Ace Pace:

Hey everyone, look! I have a neighbor here!    

Welcome to the HLPBB            

------------------

[This message has been edited by sandwich (edited 09-27-2001).]

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Oh! Wow! Welcome to HLP, dude   Enjoy your stay..!

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Greetings Ace Pace....
Take me to your dealer....  

------------------
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard kids! Be evil!

Offline QXMX

Have you tried inertial dampeners  

------------------
.....File not found....please enter password

Webmaster of Subspace Zero

Co-Creator, Paradise Lost
ICQ# 117983680

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper

Originally posted by QXMX:
Have you tried inertial dampeners  

Command: They won't be installed until tuesday.

Alpha1: WHAT?!

Command: Initiating warp drive in 5....4....

Alpha1: WAIT!!!!  How will I fight shivans if I'm a red smudge on the back of the cockpit?!

Command: We'll clone you.  3...2...1...

Alpha1: Ohhhh SHIIII....*splat*

------------------
"You know you've played Freespace too much when you're driving along trying to use countermeasures to shake off pursuing highway police." - Top Gun

Material Defender Studios
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline QXMX

------------------

ICQ# 117983680

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer

Originally posted by QXMX:

------------------
 "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"

Fastest Man Alive

Go Ravens!

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
** Alpha1 is now known as Crash_Dummy1 **

------------------
"You know you've played Freespace too much when you're driving along trying to use countermeasures to shake off pursuing highway police." - Top Gun

Material Defender Studios
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline QXMX

G-Force Test Pilot  

------------------

ICQ# 117983680

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Offline Akrovah

Originally posted by KillMeNow:
i will hav to see if i can break warp 3 lol its warp 10 thats supposed to be unachievable

Yes, but isn't Star Trek great with its little inconsistancies, after all, in the final episope of TNG, they are doing regualr travel at Warps 15 and 16.

------------------
Bobby (Akrovah) Hovorka
    [email protected]  
    "The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shap of that future, or where it will take us. We only know, that it is always born in pain." -- G'Quon - Babylon 5
Bobby (Akrovah) Hovorka
    [email protected]  
    "The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shap of that future, or where it will take us. We only know, that it is always born in pain." -- G'Quon - Babylon 5

Originally posted by Akrovah:
Yes, but isn't Star Trek great with its little inconsistancies, after all, in the final episope of TNG, they are doing regualr travel at Warps 15 and 16.

Shhh...
We're not supposed to notice that...

How they expected to sneak that one by us I don't know since they made such a big deal about Warp 10 being infinitely fast.
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.