Author Topic: Final 3d shockwave release for all systems!  (Read 28800 times)

Offline eiszo

Final 3d shockwave release for all systems!
Nice. Thanks. :D

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I just tried out the blue shockwave, and it rules! I love how the flare starts out purple-ish and shifts down the spectrum into blue.

The only problem is that I can't decide if I like the fire color or the blue one better...But I've made them into VP's so I can swap them easily. :)

Why don´t use them both?
I use the yellow one for terran and the blue one for shivan ships. Ah yes, and not to forget the blue torpedo shockwave and the orange fighter shockwave. Now all i need is something green. This is FSO Feng Shui-style :lol:

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Trying the low one now, gonna tell you how it goes.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Works pretty great for me. Sorry I had to sodomize the image with censorship, since it's BWO.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Fadeout - again sorry about the censor.

Lowend works great for me :)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Yeah, I'm pretty proud about the impressive quality/resource ratio of the low end effects. :)
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Axem

Well, only the Midrange works for me (despite my mid-higher end specs), but that one still looks awesome. :D If only I could atleast get the high end one working.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Hmm... super-weirdness.

Mid-range works and high-end doesn't. The are almost the same... The frames are just smaller and the flare is compressed.
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
check the animation file, maybe the problem could be there? because i'm thinking that you have to alter it somewhat when you have different versions of the same thing.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
No, all versions use the same file, except for the low-end version.

Maybe I copied in a wrong EFF in there... I'll check that.

Edit: Nope, the EFF file is just fine.
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline F1gm3nt

I looked in the ships.tbl file before posting this. It says int there that the drones on the first training mission should show a shockwave, yes? Well I don't know if I did something wrong but it doesn't seem to be working for me at all. I'm using the exe that has "no support" next to it on the first page . I also tried this build http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,34181.0.html

In neither one of them do I get a shockwave on explosion. I extracte the files and their respective subdirectories into the data folder. The only two vp's that I'm not using right now are the textures and advEffects ones as I haven't finished downloading them yet.(All extracted to the data folder and yes I did the shockwaves last)

Is there a switch or something that I'm missing?
In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.
-- Konrad Adenauer

See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.  --Robin Williams

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. --Alber Einstein

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
It looks like there is a mysterious bug in there. Try another version, maybe that works.

Low-end version should work in any case.
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline F1gm3nt

I'm convinced that I'm the bug. :doubt:

I can't get it to work with Stick's "white squares" build either.

I tried Goob's 20050722 build though apparently it wasn't supported in that build(errors from the parser in ships.tbl about their being a $shockwave model instead of $ai)

Working off the idea that this has been committed to CVS I've tried the newer RedMenace 8/05/2005 build.

Tried using the mid-level shockwaves, no go.

Tried using the low-end shockwaves, no go.

I run x64 but that shouldn't make difference considering I get no other graphical glitches.(I have the newest available nVidia x64 drivers)

I tried both OpenGL and DirectX.

I know my system can handle it:
AMD64 3200 @2.4Ghz(~3800)
1 Gig of Ram
6600GT everything overclocked

:hopping:

at any rate the options I have set using the 5.3 launcher are:
-spec -glow -pcx32 -jpgtga -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -rlm -pcx2dds -orbradar -3dwarp :wtf:

I checked the directories to make sure that the files are where they're suppoused to be. All the pofs are in models all the tetxures are in maps the table is in tables. :confused:

I dunno what the deal is.
In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.
-- Konrad Adenauer

See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.  --Robin Williams

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. --Alber Einstein

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Just checked Mantis. Cobra already reported this.
http://lore.maxgaming.net/~scp/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000534

While everything what they wrote sounds correct, it might be wrong though. Your system should be able to handle the high-end effect and maybe even the super-high-end effect. (Although the super-high-end effect will probably run pretty slow.)

And like I said before, the low-end effect should work on any system...

So maybe it's a bug after all.
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline F1gm3nt

Yea I just ran the debug version of Redmenace's build and I'm waiting for my password from mantis to see if Cobra got the same errors that I've got from it. It starts with a downward spiral and ends in ahorrific crash. O.o
-- Konrad Adenauer

Offline F1gm3nt

Out of curiosity will this not work without sparky2_hi_fs2.vb? Or should it not matter?
-- Konrad Adenauer

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
no, you need the spark_hi_fs2.vp for interface.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Your "final release" does not work, although it would appear that you've already been informed of this by a few people.

To those that it does work for, screw you.

I keep getting table/model errors saying something about the Ulysses, and then when I get into the game, the only ship available is the Ulysses.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
By the way, you people might want to try them without the tables.

I moved the essential files to the folders, but I threw the tables away.