Author Topic: 3.6.7 RELEASE  (Read 38287 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by Evo-Lightning
hmm, about that error log for my little problem. I THINK i found it...not sure so, if you sue i plea insanity...

I haven't been reading this whole thread but I thought you were having problems with OpenGL.  In this case at least you are running in D3D so I don't see what the issue is.  If you are referring to the "WARNING: VRAM" thing then just ignore it.

*EDIT* also found this
fs2_open_367 caused an Access Violation in module fs2_open_367.exe at 001b:004f06ed.

Unfortunately the mapfiles for this release are basically useless since they don't include line numbers for *any* part of FS2_Open.  All I know is that the problem is in modeloctant.cpp.  Try without any MediaVPs (and nothing in data/models/), if you haven't already, and see if that helps.

Originally posted by taylor
Unfortunately the mapfiles for this release are basically useless since they don't include line numbers for *any* part of FS2_Open.  All I know is that the problem is in modeloctant.cpp.  Try without any MediaVPs (and nothing in data/models/), if you haven't already, and see if that helps.
I really wish it did...when loading the 1st mission of derelict it crashes with a

Error: Bad ID in model file  freighter2t-01.pof
File:model/modelread.cpp
Line: 1790
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 09:26:18 pm by 3085 »
Lightning....im always first

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Error: Bad ID in model file  freighter2t-01.pof

Make sure that you don't have "freighter2t-01.pof" hanging around anywhere.  If a search doesn't turn it up then you may have a corrupted VP or something.  You did move away from the HtoU version, right?  It you didn't do a fresh install then make sure that you removed all of the HtoU files.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack

I haven't been reading this whole thread but I thought you were having problems with OpenGL.  In this case at least you are running in D3D so I don't see what the issue is.  If you are referring to the "WARNING: VRAM" thing then just ignore it.

Gaaahhhh. :doubt: I specifically specified the mapfiles-with-line-numbers option.
-C

Oh and the Linux release will hopefully be out late tomorrow.  The PPC support isn't done and I need the official Linux and OS X versions to come from the same code to keep my like sane.  Plus, I'm including a little something extra for the Unix users. :)

Excellent!!

Make sure that you don't have "freighter2t-01.pof" hanging around anywhere.  If a search doesn't turn it up then you may have a corrupted VP or something.  You did move away from the HtoU version, right?  It you didn't do a fresh install then make sure that you removed all of the HtoU files.
that may have something to do with it...i didnt want to wait but i guess i gotta, okay....ill just be buzzing around for 4-5 days till the full version is done dowloading...why is my isp so selfish with the isdn, adsl and dsl? :sigh:

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru

have been messing around with vpmage...it seems im mission shockwave.pof....im still dl the full version

Im interested in the vp files...any idea where i can go to find out more about building them and such?

Offline wolfdog

Im interested in the vp files...any idea where i can go to find out more about building them and such?

Ey Lightning, nice to see you here :)  

Check karajorma's sig:nod:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually the FAQ doesn't have anything in it about making VP files at the moment (At least the old version doesn't).

I've had quite a few people ask questions that are answered in the latest revision so in response I've decided to upload the WIP version in addition to the keeping the stable version in it's usual place.

You can find the WIP here. I'm pretty sure there are dead links all over the place and the entire downloads section absolutely won't work because I'm not going to waste space by uploading all 20+ MB again (Just use the normal FAQ link for that).

In case you're wondering the new additions include explainations of how to use String-Variables and the new contitionals (When-argument etc) for the FREDders as well as the stuff on building VP files and a couple of tutorials like WeatherOps Truespace one which I hadn't linked to previously for the Modders.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 12:53:45 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

every little bit helps karajorma :D

wolfdog...umm do i know you? (wolf{303}?)

Offline wolfdog

Originally posted by karajorma
Actually the FAQ doesn't have anything in it about making VP files at the moment (At least the old version doesn't).

Must have misrembered then....:blah:

wolfdog...umm do i know you? (wolf{303}?)

EVO-Phyrexian. but I can't change my name here... (this is actually a very, very old one from my first internet days :P )

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
There's an article in the wiki for VPMage, but a number of people prefer QuickVP or VPCS. Do a search for those in the modding forum and you should be able to get some hits.
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by wolfdog
Must have misrembered then....:blah:

You probably saw me answer a previous post by pasting the answer from the WIP version :)

To be honest I sometimes forget what's in the FAQ myself :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Originally posted by wolfdog
EVO-Phyrexian. but I can't change my name here... (this is actually a very, very old one from my first internet days :P )
:lol: ahh..long time no see dude...hows everything been in Evo?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
EVO is gone. Most of the members have gone to DarkWing or other clans.

on a side note: OMFG!! 3.6.7 IS HEEERRE!

but.

i want FRED releases. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yes, the Vasudan textures on the Ra were there from retail, and even from FS1, for that matter.  If you take a closer look, you'll notice the Vasudan at the rear window is mooning you. :p

Yes, Blaise's Derelict update uses Lightspeed's nebulae.  The six links that Blaise posted on the first page of that thread still work fine for me.  

To answer your final question, you probably won't see anything new about 3.6.7 just by playing through it.  A lot of the new features in it, including a lot of bugfixes, don't change the normal gameplay experience.  If you take a look at the new launcher, however, it has improved mod support.  When the next set of Media VPs is released, you'll definitely see some changes, including a few new HTL-ified ship models and the new 3D shockwaves.

High Max: I've also found that (apart from sheer filesize) the links in BR's thread are very problematic for 56k. Maybe they were just busy at the time or something...? I'm trying to get them prior to the 'official' Derelict rerelease - there's still a lot of bugfixing going on with the current version from what I've heard, also it may not be finished until after the voiceacting is complete, so it could be a short while before BR's finished cleaning the campaign up.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Any word on the texture replacement bug?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
oooh 64 bit optimised, i can use that !

*freaks*
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN