Author Topic: 3.6.7 RELEASE  (Read 38284 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
It's not a 64-bit build. ;) But according to what I've read, it should run faster on an A64 as well.
-C

Lol. This won't work with a TNT2, will it?

This is not a signature.
You did not see this.
It was all a dream.
You will not tell anyone about this.

Now go and read this signature again.

So, you actually bothered to scroll down, eh? If you're that bored, you might as well take a look at the links above.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by High Max
I noticed something weird when I was playing Blaise Russel's Derelect. There was a mission that had the Ra Vasudan escape pods in it and in the briefing of that mission, I clicked the icon, it popped up, and I noticed something funny. I look at the windows on the Ra model and I saw a bunch of Vasudan faces on it. Was it there in retail or is it an SCP addition?

Originally posted by Mongoose
Yes, the Vasudan textures on the Ra were there from retail, and even from FS1, for that matter. If you take a closer look, you'll notice the Vasudan at the rear window is mooning you. :p

what the hell? i never saw anything like that... :wtf:

Originally posted by High Max
Also, I ran into some weird bugs in Derelect. On the mission where the Cypher is disabled and you have to let the Minos dock with it, the Aeshma's textures (its red animated glowmaps) were completely gone, resulting in a completely grey Aeshma. Then in the next mission, the glowmaps on the Aeshma were back but then the Taurvi was invisible and its shots couldn't impact its hull and only secondaries could hurt them. Then in the next mission, it was back to normal. What the heck? I made no changes and it just did this on some missions. Maybe a problem with 3.6.7 or Derelect?

i don't know about the invisible model one, but check your launcher and see if Specular, Glowmaps, and 32-bit textures are enabled. that should solve your problem if they're not activated. :)

General Freak: I don't think so. IIRC TNT2 is an old card.

(Longest post i've ever made. :D)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Missing textures are almost always caused by lacking -jpgtga.  However, the problem as described sounds more like a max_images limit exceeded than anything else.  High Max, does the problem persist if you restart Freespace?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
It's not a 64-bit build. ;) But according to what I've read, it should run faster on an A64 as well.

any chance at one?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That seems to tell me that you did not quit Freespace and restart, but that may not even be necessary.  It may just be your system being unable to cope with all of the shivan animated glows.

First, don't assume that problems in the demo will carry over into the final release.  Errors like that can and will be fixed by any campaign that is still in development.

However, anything refering to weapons.tbl or ships.tbl is a table parsing error that's really been wrong as long as whatever feature the table is using has been around, FSO just complains about them louder now.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

umm anyone have a fix for glowmaps malfunction?
All the ships in game are black except when light shines directly on and windows and such are always lit.

*Edit* btw, went back to 3.6.5 OGL till my full version download is done
Lightning....im always first

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Nuke

any chance at one?

Not planning on shelling out the $$$ for XP-64, so pretty much no.
-C

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Originally posted by Evo-Lightning
umm anyone have a fix for glowmaps malfunction?
All the ships in game are black except when light shines directly on and windows and such are always lit.

*Edit* btw, went back to 3.6.5 OGL till my full version download is done

That can be fixed by using anyting later than 3.6.5. I had that exact same problem on that build.

Originally posted by Fenrir

That can be fixed by using anyting later than 3.6.5. I had that exact same problem on that build.
therein lies the problem...that's the only build that OGL works on for my HotU version (till MP reopens his server)...is there no other way?
Lightning....im always first

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
EDIT: http://www.sumotorrent.com/files_15844.html is the working link now.

http://www.mininova.org/cat-list/3/seeds/3   This should take you to page 3, if not then just scroll to the bottom and change to 3.  If it's not listed there anymore, maybe it's now on a different page.  Try clicking different pages, and using CTRL+F on your keyboard to search for Freespace 2.  This site had a grey/dark purple icon "i" [lowercase letter i] on the link, and when I clicked it, it displayed this:

What is a IMDb/Gamez number? (icon: )
Torrents with this icon next to their name have a IMDb or Gamez number specified. This means that you can easily search for other releases with the same content. This also makes it easier to find the product website or get more information about the movie/game.

Anyways, the link is: http://www.mininova.org/get/6397 which should take you to a dl site. 
PS I use the Azureus BitTorrent client, works very nice with a nice interface!  http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php  You will need the Java JRE on the site, and the Azureus for Windows setup executable.  Both are on that page.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 03:03:33 pm by jr2 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Oh, when I wrote Freespace 2 FE, I meant "Full Edition"  (3-CD), just to clarify.

Offline CaptJosh

Usually, we call that either FS2 Retail, or Retail version.

Also, since you're on the subject of downloads, I have a real link to download ISOs of the FS2 discs, so here it is:

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/39309975/m/115003814731/p/1

Right there in the first post on the page.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 07:21:08 pm by 2993 »
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There are a whole bunch of links to torrents in my FAQ too.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline CaptJosh

Ah, but mine's a direct download from the links in the first post on the page I linked to. No waiting to see if it's a valid torrent, no sitting there biting nails and hoping the download doesn't stall because everyone seeding it is offline at once, etc...
CaptJosh

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I agree. A HTTP download is better but it's worth remembering that people may look at this thread 3-4 months from now and the HTTP download may be gone by then :)

Offline CaptJosh

Possibly. But this guy says he has them on his own private server, with plenty of bandwidth (EDIT: If you read the post, he has a two terabyte download limit, well, 2000 GB, bust most people don't know what a real terabyte is, so...). These links have been there over a year and are still functional. I'd say they have a good chance of remaining so.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 11:16:06 am by 2993 »
CaptJosh

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Until some dickhead posts the link on Something Awful as has happened twice to MatthewPapa's link.

Offline CaptJosh

Or it could get farked, slashdotted, etc.

No sense borrowing trouble, though. Might as well just wait until something happens, if it does. In the mean time, it's a good link, and it should be known here in the community.
CaptJosh

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Not disputing that. It's just that I've been here long enough to attempt to preempt problems that I can see coming up :)