Author Topic: RW 2.1 Patch  (Read 20865 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
So without further ado:

Raider Wars 2.1 patch for old SCP builds (like the one bundled with TBP 3.2 by default)

http://www.stithe.biz/tbp-rw-patches/rw21o.exe

Raider Wars 2.1 patch for newer SCP builds (like 3.6.7)

http://www.stithe.biz/tbp-rw-patches/rw21n.exe
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 06:11:59 am by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

AMD64 3500 Clawhammer
windows xp 32bit/linux red hat fedora 4 64bit
Asus A8N sli Deluxe 2 gigs 444 mhz memory
6200 256mb pci-e card XFX
running base default

i got his..running in windows xp.. using tech room load for mission hell and back.. is a new piolit required?

Error: Invalid subsystem name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( and
      ( not
         ( is-destroyed-delay 1 "EA Scylla" )
      )
      ( is-subsystem-destroyed-delay
         "Unknown"
         "turret01a"
      )
   )
   ( add-goal
      "Unknown"
      ( ai-chase "EA Scylla" 30 )
   )
)
(Error appears to be: turret01a)
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 4517

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 10:07:04 pm by 2196 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You've installed some zany TBP mod haven't you :). It's complaining that it doesn't know about the Raider Battlewagon's main beam. Which suggests to me you're not using vanialla TBP 3.2.

Just tried both patches (again) myself. No problems loading Hell & Back. Tell you what, uninstall everything, make sure you have a clean directory and start afresh. Reinstall, try again, tell me what happens. My guess, it'll work nicely ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 06:35:51 am by 43 »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

IP..
I made a back up of the table files before installing "When the Darkness falls" campaign, It works fine now with the table back up...  I did not have to do a complete reinstall ... god forbid that is horrable!!!   I reinstalled your patch.. no problems at all.  I do see some changed things with the mimbari movies in comm link picture.  It appears there is a file I forgot to remove.

There should be a standerd set up like the IEEE commetee or sata-io.org  or something like for a standard where all campaigns work seemlessly.. or should I just have a drink and relax because now I am in Beta head zone!?!?!!??!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 12:36:19 am by 2196 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by PSI-KILLER
There should be a standerd set up like the IEEE commetee or sata-io.org  or something like for a standard where all campaigns work seemlessly..

Well When Darkness Falls is not really a campaign. A straight campaign would not make alterations to TBP like that. No, WDF is a mod. A mod of a mod if you will. Once you install it you can pretty much kiss compatability with standard TBP campaigns goodbye. I did think about mentioning it in the WDF release thread but I didn't want to take the wind out of their sails ;)

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Yes, it's a MOD of a stand-alone MOD...
And that's it...
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Just install WDF to folder within your TBP foilder and run it using the select mod button.

There's absolutely no reason why you can't run mods on TBP in exactly the same way you would run them on FS2.

Originally posted by aipz
Yes, it's a MOD of a stand-alone MOD...
And that's it...

Unless you're like me and don't run TBP as a stand alone mod :D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 04:16:43 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
There is a problem with MOD's and TBP.  Because the directory names have spaces, the launcher will not allow you to use the mod feature... however, you can do it manyally by adding your -mod XXXXX into the custom flags line.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

yeah mod in a mod .
never thought of it like that.
I actually just thought of WDF as a campaign but it really is a mod of 3.2 base.  WDF installer should have set it up where youi can select it out of launcher to stop this insanity

no errors in radier wars patch yet
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 05:50:03 pm by 2196 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by PSI-KILLER
no errors in radier wars patch yet

:D  Thanks for your continued beta testing support PSI-KILLER. And the good news too. That's always appreciated. Do you want to beta test BHX when you've finished?

mission nobody expect.. once kamakizi shuttle is found and distroyed station voice states they Psi-Shuttle landed but they are still in route, then they do land station voice states psi-shuttle distroyed but mission is success..

Also maybe more a base question, open gl does not work got error below.

Error: Current GL Version of 1.0 is less than required version of 1.2
Switch video modes or update drivers
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\graphics\gropengl.cpp
Line: 3659

Call stack:

I have recently overclocked my Nvidia 6200 to mimic a 6600 to make doom 3 play smooth, might be on my end but have only seen perforamnce increases on all things.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's an old bug. Downloading 3.6.7 from the SCP forum should take care of that one.

It's nothing to do with your end. It's the SCP's version of the Y2K bug. The OpenGL version number check code was only looking at the numbers after the decimal point so OGL2.0 was being read as 1.0 :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

understood kara..

mission preemptive part 2. briefing voice is repeated on some parragrahs also on "ride of the valkerie."

finished the campaign with no problems. Sound and graphics seem better for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 07:21:03 pm by 2196 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
So anyone played through without error using one of these patches yet? I want to know if I can promote them to full releases?

Finished

Raider Wars 2.1 patch for old SCP builds (the TBP 3.2 default)

no errors or crashes

One last observation.  For this Beta round!   The credit file movie is great but I think Christopher Franke Should have been mentioned... What amazing atmosphere with HIS music.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 01:22:04 am by 2196 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Thanks. I'll promote that one to a full release.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Franke should be in the TBP credits, as well as many others.

I am quite disappointed with this final version of the patch however. The patch itself contains just an additional .vp file, which when necessary, must either be removed by hand or add extra command to future RW installers to remove this file. When users uninstall Raider Wars, this file will not be deleted, which may cause unnecessary confusion if RW is re-installed and this patch is obsolete by then. Not to mention there are two different versions of the patch.

Oh well, I did warn about these issues.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 07:02:02 am by 173 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Yes there is also the possibility that the patch might delete the internet.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It is a shame you don't take end-user related issues seriously. I can see there's no need to continue this discussion. I might still suggest you to edit your signature to reflect today's staff positions.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
edit your signature to reflect today's staff positions.

Sure ;)