Author Topic: A few Vasudan Questions  (Read 12526 times)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
:jaw:

I almost had an orgasm on seeing the maps on that Artemis.  Oh, :v:, why have you denied us your high-res maps!
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Fantastic images! I'm sure those will be put to good use by the community.

What are the MTS files? And are the TGAs hi-res maps?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Shiku

I'm not exactly sure what the TGA Files are, but If you like I could E-Mail them to you (seeing as I have no-where to host them)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 01:17:35 am by 3111 »
No one becomes depraved all at once.

I followed Snipes quite wide and far,
And he led us to an unknown star,
But as soon as I surveyed the scene,
A great Sathanas did fill my screen,
As it rushed forward for a jump,
The both of us seemed destined to bump,
Until I heard Snipes, not too quiet,
“Dive, Dive!! Hit your burners, pilot!!!!” -Trayus

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Dude!  Why did we never hear of this before now? :eek2: Any and every extra piece of information on Freespace is welcomed here. :)

How many outtakes are in the sounds folder?  Could you upload those as well (say, in a zip)?

EDIT: If you need hosting, this guy (PM him) can hook you up with whatever you need.  Might as well just toss the entire contents of the Extras folder on the web. :) And any extra goodies on the CDs too, in case the Extras folder is not the only extra folder there. ;)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Send me one.  (I'll PM you an e-mail address.)  If they're just orthos they'd be next to useless, but if they are high res maps, well, the Freespace gods have been laughing at us for a while.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Shiku

There are 10 Sound clips, plus the Vasudantalk clip.

How do I go about uploading a Ziped file here?

EDIT 1: After a quick look through the Files in the MTS Folder, I realized that there aren't files for every ship, only the few listed below

Aeolus
Argo
Artemis
Bakha
Bes
Charybdis
Colossus
Demios
Erinyes
Ganymede
Gun Platform
Hatsheput
Hecate
Hippocrates
Hygeia
Mara
Mentu
Mjolnir
Myrmidon
Nephtys
Perseus
Sekhmet
Serapis
Setekh
Sobek
Zephyrus
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 12:24:00 am by 3111 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
TGA is a graphics format; the SCP supports them.

I know that someone here has a file upload service where we can all share it. It's crucial that we get that stuff as soon as possible; as far as I know nobody's seen this before.

Someone set this guy up!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Shiku, you might have missed my edit...
Originally posted by Goober5000
EDIT: If you need hosting, this guy (PM him) can hook you up with whatever you need.  Might as well just toss the entire contents of the Extras folder on the web. :) And any extra goodies on the CDs too, in case the Extras folder is not the only extra folder there. ;)
And he's also the one who's set up the automatic file uploading page. :)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,35394.0.html

Offline Shiku

Thank you for Re-posting the edit, I did miss it, but I have since PMed him and I hope I can get some hosting set up quickly.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Please do go ahead and send me one of the tga files (it doesn't matter which one, though a fighter would be preferable) as I want to know what they are.  If they're orthos, then they'll be good references but there's not the urgency.  If they're maps, well, we'll need to pull a couple of people off of their pet projects. ;)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I'm looking forward to seeing this in the morning. :nod: Out of curiosity, how many TGA files are there, approximately?

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Don't get your hopes up.  There're orthos using game textures.  I don't know what an MTS file is though, but it's not big enough to be a map.

They're good references, but the fact that the high-res artemis texture is lost forever makes me sad :(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 01:02:02 am by 570 »

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Very interesting. Those Artemis textures look pretty badass, as do the ones on the Nahema. I've seen that first image before somewhere, or something a lot like it, but can't remember where. Perhaps it's on the box.

Some of the stuff is a little weird though. "Devestator" class bomber? :wtf: :D And what's with the chinese looking text in the Artemis?

It would be very good to see the rest of this stuff anyway though. :yes:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'll be damned...I never even noticed before, but my copy (Interplay 20th Anniversary edition) has that exact same folder.  Nice find :)

Holy ****! I need that Artemis texture for the HTL Artemis!
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline Luigi30

More outtakes than the standard "Try saying that five times fast", "Stop laughing there, copilot!", and "You had your fun?"?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
As far as I can discover, it appears that .mts files are some kind of compressed 3D geometry file.

http://www.okino.com/conv/exp_vet.htm

Theres some information in here, it may possibly be that these contain compressed FS2 models and textures, but I really couldn't say for certain.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
They're still FAR too small to contain high-res textures of any kind.  The one for the Artemis specifically was only 22k.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by Luigi30
More outtakes than the standard "Try saying that five times fast", "Stop laughing there, copilot!", and "You had your fun?"?

Yeah; there's actually a few additional ones in there:

-One of the same voice as the "He's my brother" outtake that's called "freak.wav"; the guy makes some strange "wu-eh-uh!" sound :p
-One entitled "god speed.wav" with Snipes' voice saying, "This is Allied Command, signing off!  God speed, pilots!"
-One of a female pilot's voice saying, "I'm reading an unknown jump signature, configuration unknown!"
-One called "big visual.wav"  of a creepy male voice saying, "I've got a visual on something BIG!" :p
-One called "To restart the module...wav" with a male voice saying, "To restart the module, select the replay button, the re- *laughs*"
-One called "gibber.exe" with what seems to be Cordova's voice saying, "You--you want it Knossos...right? I didn't say that--I didn't say that--I--right---I di-" Sounds like he had a bad case of the stutters :p

Besides those, there's also the standard empty message, message start and end, and Vasudan voice loop.  The outtakes are definitely some good stuff, though :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 07:45:05 pm by 1965 »

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
The MTS files are probably those that create the Metastream images on the old Freespace 2 site:

Ship Gallery
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.