Author Topic: Hi-poly Hecate (taking initiative)  (Read 16839 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Hi-poly Hecate (taking initiative)
^ yeah, be too... woule look nicer as "buds" or somthing, with AAA beams being a traditional "dish" shape...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Looks great!  Good job!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The original model used the same turrets as the Aeolus (the side ones, with the six holes.) Raven seems to like those so I guess I'll reinstate them.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
THe box turrets are there for now, but tehy will be replaced by the HTL Aeolus turrets, as depicted by the original model :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I agree about the square turrets, but I am not fond of the huge wing turrets that you put on late.  IMHO, the pure upgrade version of this should do without them, as they change the profile and (more importantly) occupy the same space as the player starts out in during Mystery of the Trinity.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Maybe a version of the model with, and a version without the wing turrets?
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Raven says he'd like to keep the bottom quad turrets, but yeah, the top ones are definitely going.

Here's some updates on the mapping...

Remapped the big turrets.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 10:40:27 pm by 510 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Osiri

HOLY **** THATS AWESOME
Got any patentable ideas?  Got $20K laying around.  I will need every penny to help you.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Those Turrets scare me.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline starfox

"Holy Hecate, Batman !!!"

As soon as that beauty hits my PC, fps is going to drop faster than my jaw, I bet.

What's the polycount, by the way ?
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
The only thing it needs is a base for the turrets. I'm sure they don't want to hear...SCREEECH, BOOM, ERRR-ScREEEEECH.;)
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Quad turrets.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I still think they're too big.

But your ability to get the most out of maps amazes me.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I too would like to see an alterior 4x quad turret version, those things just look too cool to pass up.

And i'm wondering what happened to ravens beam cannons?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 12:34:03 pm by 2073 »
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Dunno, they weren't in the files he sent me. I think I'll rebuild them anyway, 'cause they're so cool. :D

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
I didn't like those turrets very much, so I dumped the idea...

Oh the mapping job is looking great :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

very impressive......love the textures on that beauty.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I kind of like the quad turrets, they remind me of the Millenium Falcon. ;)

Very impressive textures though, are you using the originals or the mediaVP ones, or new ones?
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
*faints*
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I'm using the MediaVP textures, and a modified capital01-06a (the Orion turret map) for the turrets, color-matched with the original Colossus texture.