Author Topic: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)  (Read 84698 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)
Anyone know a good way to take screenshots? Besides print screen and fraps? Or maybe someone could tell me the fs2 screenshot button which i can't find anywhere.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
dug around my screenshots folder. found some good ones.

oh, and S-99? if you press Print Screen your images get saved to a folder. ;)

To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Nice Derelict screens!  :yes:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
ok sweet
now i can take some screenshots
you really derelict-my-balls there :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Nice Derelict screens!  :yes:

not 2 seconds after I read that i realized that all of the screenshots were from Derelict. :lol:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
This ship is quote unquote the buster.

On the third mission of fs2, this leviathen just takes a ****ing load of punishment for a long time before it goes down. The ****ing vasudans being all big **** killing it with only missile batteries and flak :lol:

This ship is "easy".

Gonna kill this *****.

After i blew up that freighter, it's ****ing cargo came flying out at me.

Then i revisited the gtva shivan intelligence.

****ing lady shaver thong wearing hairy bastards.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 05:03:32 am by S-99 »

SMBFD

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
 :eek2: :lol:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
it's weird yet hilarious at the same time! :lol:

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Btw, I just discovered that i made it to onto the fs2 portion of wikipedia.org :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Htlasteroids.jpg ...my screenshot
You can see it here the old hdrish one of mine with the other fs2 screenshots on the page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freespace

SMBFD

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That pic from Transcend mission 1?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
You got it. It's funny though how they put in my screenshot for the wiki to show off the graphics of the scp. It is an scp enhanced image, but more overly uses hdrish for the fake hdr effect in it. Hdrish is unrelated to the scp, but it does show off some of the habits and personality through how people like to play the game based on player preference with the graphics. Sort of like how some people can play with mvadveffects, use the lower quality special effects, and through unrelated things like smartshader enhancements. Besides that, it's just a good epic screenshot of the average convoy going to a node with the htl asteroids :)

SMBFD

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It gets my thumbs up, a few of Steaks pics wouldn't go amiss nowadays though, I miss the Array..........Whens Ver 2 up?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Took these shots from the nebular theater of fs2 :D

SMBFD

Was it just me or did the Actium's nameplate look like it was backwards?  :lol:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
When you do the print screen way of taking screenshots, it like takes a screenshot reversed of the image you had along with it being opositely mirrored. So i rotated all of the photo's to be correct, but i didn't want to go through the time of "inversing" the images :)

SMBFD

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Btw, I just discovered that i made it to onto the fs2 portion of wikipedia.org :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Htlasteroids.jpg ...my screenshot
You can see it here the old hdrish one of mine with the other fs2 screenshots on the page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freespace

one: i thought this was mine?
second: is this mine as well? i can't remember anymore :nervous:

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
When you do the print screen way of taking screenshots, it like takes a screenshot reversed of the image you had along with it being opositely mirrored. So i rotated all of the photo's to be correct, but i didn't want to go through the time of "inversing" the images :)
Wait, what?? :confused: Mine show up normal, on multiple machines.  So you're saying they're mirrored and rotated 180 degrees?  Weird...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Yeah, it's like ****ed up for me. They're upside down and mirrored. Maybe i should try getting a different batch tga convertor

SMBFD

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Time to bust out some badass screenshots.

Part one of the Nyarlathotep explosion:

Part two of the Nyarlathotep explosion:

Behold: The Shivan Knossos!

Fear this ownage! (Kinda looks like a lightsaber clash, too. :D)

Covering the Cypher:

SD Cthon up in flames:

Escaping Fenris:

Explosions rock a Cain cruiser:

The GTFf Cypher says it to the Abhoth's face:

Dual Moloch Fire:

Enjoy the eyecandy folks.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Wait, what?? :confused: Mine show up normal, on multiple machines.  So you're saying they're mirrored and rotated 180 degrees?  Weird...

To me this sounds like some issue with S-99's image viewing program. Or rather not actual "issue" as in "bug", but some setting might be wrong... that could cause the program to use wrong starting point where it starts to open the image code.

The screenshots made by FS2_Open are RLE-coded TGA's. RLE (Run Length Encoding) can be done starting from different corners of picture. It's basically a line of pixel colour information; but instead of saying, for example, aaaaabbbbbbccdddd (if a, b, c and d were colours), it says a5b6c2d4  and so on... but the coding can be started from different corners of the actual image. If the picture is saved with RLE starting from one corner and image reading software thinks they are made starting from other corner, it ends up with screw-ups just like these, basically flipping/mirroring images without being told to do so.

GIMP shows FS2_Open screenshot TGA's just right. At least on my PC. What are you using, S-99?
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.