Author Topic: Yes, it's 3.6!!  (Read 30024 times)

Eh... I could've done better. :)  No, really excellent work.  Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules for the pleasure and enjoyment of many. :)

Offline Hook

Hi. I discovered the freespace SCP recently and it made me want to play again to this game which is certainly one of my best ludic experiences with enhanced features.
So I installed FS2, 1.2 patch and downloaded the 3.6 install of FSO. I installed it into the directory of FS2 and it's really superb :D . The single player campaign works well but I am unable to play in LAN. When I want to create a game I have only 1sec to see the screen to choose mission and then it crashes. I have no idea why, only that he seems to try loading a file named g-shi.fs2 (I used the stand-alone option to see it), which is the first visible mission.
I may have forgotten to do something, but I don't know what.

Without FSO, the LAN works.

Please Help:(

Are you using the media vp et al?

There might be some LAN issues with the code, not sure.

What are the specs to the systems you are doing the LAN on ?(Operating system, processor, graph card, that kind of stuff)
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Hook

I tried with and without graphical options, but it didn't change anything. *total noob mode* What is al ?

System:

Windows XP
Athlon 2400+
512 Mo DDR
nForce 2 (APU used for the sound)
GeForce TI 4800

Offline Hook

I forgot to say that a friend of mine tried too and had the same problem

"et al" means "and everything"

Is that friend using XP as well?

What kind of network are you trying this on?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Hook

He is using XP too.

We're playing via the network of the hall of residence. With FS2 it works using IP connection but not with FSO. I found some messages in forums of people who seems to have the same problem:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,23621.0.html

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,23133.0.html
(ShadowDrakken but a new build helped him apparently)

ok for "et al" :)

Offline TIMMAY

• http://sco.minos.net
We had this same problem with Imperial Alliance but we fixed it by putting the files in the this zip into the root of the data directory.. It should fix this problem as we are now able to have LAN games as well as Internet games using a direct connection.

Offline Hook

IT WORKS! Thank you very much TIMMAY!
The screen loaded well and I should be able to convince buddies to fight with these graphisms.
:D :D

The log file should not be needed.

And why isn't multi.cfg included in the mediaVP?

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Why the hell have I only just found out about this?

Offline Hook

multi.cfg was present and the same as the one in zip. I just unzipped the archive into the folder and replaced files (I made backup).
These files were present:
cmdline_fso.cfg
multi.cfg
multi.log
Tcp.cfg

These were missing:
mvalid.cfg
tvalid.cfg

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by kasperl
The log file should not be needed.

And why isn't multi.cfg included in the mediaVP?

'Cause I've never heard of it...:nervous:
-C

multi.cfg isn't written by the main program when you configure the multi stuff?
If not, this is a good idea.

Dunno, it contains an IP, right? How would the program now the current server IP?

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Originally posted by Bobboau
"engine failure"
seems to be linked with use of the -mod comandline

I'm getting it too. No mods installed, no -mod commandline.

I was going to install FSPort and Inferno, but....

Offline WMCoolmon

:doubt: Get one of the newer builds, I fixed it a bit after 3.6 was released.
-C

Offline HermeZ

• Blah :P
    • My Homepage ;)
Hi! I have problem. I cannot run Inferno with FS_Open 3.6. In launcher I'm selecting mod folder but that doesn't do anything. I run game but it is still the same FS. Please help!
Polish FreeSpace Community Center
-----------------------------------------
Have a Nice Day :)

Offline WMCoolmon

Use an Inferno build, I think you can find one in Phreak's sig.
-C

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Unfortunately, the latest INF build is from April 9th and doesn't include the fix for the CoMT bug.  I believe that the patch nearing beta testing stages would make Inferno playable under a non-INF build.

HermeZ: Make sure you have the Inferno campaign selected in the campaign room.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!