Author Topic: 'A Blip Escape' Campaign Demo  (Read 4191 times)

'A Blip Escape' Campaign Demo
Well it's taken me a few months, but I've managed to get the first three missions of the campaign done. Thanks to one of my friends who is still at uni I've been able to put the campaign up on his (university provided) webspace.

So find it here:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~rjb25/blipescapedemo.zip (it's only 70kb)

Play it and let me know what you think.

This is a non canon campaign detailing the escape of a rogue telepath from the Psicore in a stolen Psi-Thunderbolt, as the Drakh begin to work more openly.

Re: 'A Blip Escape' Campaign Demo
If you could give me an idea of your remaining hull strength at the end of the campaign that would be good too.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
okay..
I looked through it all... if not ingame than using fred (ain't the feeling but with a little fantasy you can make up your mind)

Something that is not as it should be:
- "zeta"-wing in mission 1 is even attacked by EA or MF ships (often it's the Nials), but could be shoots going into the same direction in combat heat but does not look as it's right
- why are the EA and MF ships considered as friendly? You are playing someone fleeing from the law after all (did I miss something?). At least EA ships should consider you as hostile after the arrival of the PSI Cops
- if you disable the "sabot" in mission 2 she can't dock and "<unmarked>" does not leave

(there are some small typos (e.g. "Fission Bomp" -> "Fusion Bomb", "Core" -> "Corps"))

I wonder what rating "your" blip has... he must be something up P11...

and why is in mission 1b the "psi battleship" an asimov? could the corps not be "borrowing" a cruiser or destroyer from EarthGov or still having one from the times Clarke has doing them favors from supporting the shadows?

edit: okay "hull damage" passage is gone
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 03:41:37 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
why is in mission 1b the "psi battleship" an asimov?

The PSI corps mothership is an Asimov with spikes on and different textures. That's probably what he's getting at.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Yeah, that what I was getting at. I didn't think it would be too much of a problems because when playing the mission you can't actually get close enough to make out what it is in hyperspace. I've tried and thats to say I know where it is.

You shouldn't be placed on to mission2 if you miss the pick up, I'll have to correct it so it's the end of the campaign if you miss the pick up. Mission 1b is the not so good path - it happens if you fail to stop the corps.

I'll play around with the teams in mission 1, the corps aren't going to advertise the fact that someone stole one of their fighters, so you won't be flagged as an enemy. I'll think I'll make all the currently friendly ships unknown, I'll just have to make sure they'll actually fight the drakh, and not at you. I need one side who attacks everyone, one side that attacks just you, and one side that attack the drakh, it's not easy to achieve in fred.

Thanks for spotting the typos. 9% health eep, what happened on mission 2? PM so you don't spoil it for other people. I'll fix the issue with unmarked not leaving - I forgot to take into account the possibility that the player would disable the Sabot.

As for the Psi rating, well you'll find out in the campaign. He did manage to steal a black omega fighter from the core, he certianly won't be your basic teep.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
the corps aren't going to advertise the fact that someone stole one of their fighters, so you won't be flagged as an enemy.

-damit, YOU STOLE A HIGH-TECH-CRAFT, you could be considered as a terrorist or something... they could blame you for cooperating with the drakh too (if the corps knows about them already - ISA does)

9% health eep, what happened on mission 2?

- getting shot at... see your pm for details
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

The thing is, I assume that the Psicorp didn't tell anyone they'd modified the thunderbolts with shadow technology. So to an outsider it wouldn't be too much worse than stealing any fighter.

I'll modify the IFF's for the opening mission.

Actually that's a point when does Delenn have the conversation with the Drakh?

'A Blip Escape' Campaign Demo - Updated release
After the comments I recieved following the original demo release, I've created an updated version with the problems fixed, and a slight redesign to a couple of the levels. It can be downloaded at:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~rjb25/ablipescapedemo11.zip

For my information can you post your ship health at the end of the League Base mission, and if you think you could successfully fly another mission with that health.

Hope you enjoy it, and please let me know if you liked it/what you think.

Offline Vash

at the end, i got hit by one of those beams and was gone... i started with 91% hull.

What fired the beams -  one of the Drakh raiders?

What did you think of the missions?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 02:43:25 pm by Megadoomer »

Offline Vash

yeah, at least, i think that were drakh raiders. (blue beams). it first shot up the narn cruiser that picked me up in the previous mission. (which had only 1% hull left from the explosion of the base. and the other narn ship had 1% hull aswell if i recall right).
i liked the missions it's fun to be on the run from a whole fleet of EA ships and some PSI corps guys. and they play well, and offcourse, the thunderbolt is one of the best to fly  :D